TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT MK3 2019 facelift

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dig it and also like that blue color. My dream is Ara Blue and this looks similar, but different.

Not a fan of the fake vents in the rear though.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't mind the base TT styling but some the TT-S styling details seem over the top. The front corner vents seem just tacked on... my eyes can't stop being drawn to them. And the rear vents under the brake lights... once again doesn't flow and looks like they are trying too hard to make it look like a baby R8.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ugly, and especially hate the new grill and rear vents on the TTS.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

According this C&D blob which seem to imply US models, both TT and TTS get 7 speed DSG, while TT sees 8hp bump to 228, but TTS remain at 292hp.

I like that Arrow Grey on the special ed model, similar to Nardo.

Last edited by silkyms3; 08-15-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumping this one up....is anyone aware if one can pre-order the facelift model in the U.S. yet? .....my dealer isn't terribly helpful here. My lease ends late November, will have to extend lease and wait for delivery most likely in 1st quarter. One more TT lease, then I switch to EV.....
Old 09-18-2018, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Indeed. "Facelift" or "freshening" are typically not better than the original designer's intent. Rather just a marketing thing to promote/maintain interest in a model until the next major revision. But in fairness as we mod our vehicles we're doing a bit of the same.

Originally Posted by porttac
I agree with that.
"facelift" when I see that word I think of Joan Rivers...don't mess wid it.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gbob
I'll probably get one, if only for a new color and (hopefully) seats that don't come apart.
Too bad they still have that crappy Bang and Olufsen stereo.

Yeah I am looking at getting one also. I am in the same boat with the poor seat clip design and the premium audio system. My main gripe with the car is the windows freezing in the winter. Sad, because it is so good in the snow. With that said, the TTS has become my favorite of the cars that I have owned.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Re: poor seat clips, my driver's seat backshell has now de-laminated which also interferes with pull tab action. Passenger's was repaired under warranty last Fall. Unacceptable, especially for a "premium" marque.

Driver's seat de-lam

Last edited by Huey52; 09-19-2018 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Looks like my lease will expire before my seat trim issue every gets perfectly fixed....rather disappointing for a premium brand, especially over an issue so seemingly simple. I guess I'm just grateful it was an astetic issue that I can't see when I'm seated and driving.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

More than aesthetic in my case. In both seats it hampered/s proper upright locking of the seatback as the pull tab hung/hangs up in the de-laminated plastic slot. This is a serious Safety issue in that the seatback would fold forward with you in a crash. I actually discovered it in a fairly low speed hard braking. Thereafter I was/have been careful after folding and returning the seatback to its upright position to wiggle the leather loop pull tab until it retracted and locked the seat. I pointed same out to my SA, using the 'S' word, and there was no argument with warranty repair.

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Looks like my lease will expire before my seat trim issue every gets perfectly fixed....rather disappointing for a premium brand, especially over an issue so seemingly simple. I guess I'm just grateful it was an astetic issue that I can't see when I'm seated and driving.

Quick Reply: TT MK3 2019 facelift