TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT RS 3.7 Seconds to 100KM/h

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 06:18 PM
PKT
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiNewbie17
I want to purchase this car, well lease it
How much can the salesman lower the car? Can they do 3k?
My local dealer was only offering -$500. I called numerous out of state dealers and they wouldn't budge. They all claim that audi will only send them 2 TT RS a year, so discounts are slim unless you can find a dealer who has had one sitting long enough that they really wanna push it out.

Of course it can't hurt to ask for -$3k and see what happens.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PKT
My local dealer was only offering -$500. I called numerous out of state dealers and they wouldn't budge. They all claim that audi will only send them 2 TT RS a year, so discounts are slim unless you can find a dealer who has had one sitting long enough that they really wanna push it out.

Holy crap, that is not a huge discount
Old 09-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Here's a couple launches in my car, audio only. First is with the windows down, second windows up. These tracks are not edited, no filters.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla

Here is one I like: https://youtu.be/Kgn-Bkvink0

I've seen this guy in a couple youtube videos, I found him to be very entertaining.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Previously “CALE262”

I test drove it today, was so curious needed to do it

I loved it
Is it me or it sounds nicer than an M4?
I know the bmw is louder, but am i wrong in liking the RS sound more than the M4?
Originally Posted by bmoney
I agree but I'd like some crackles and pops. My CLA45 does that part well but for pure sound the TT RS is phenomenal. One of the best out there.
I've just rolled over 4000km and I've noticed lost of little changes in the way the car drives especially once I breached 1500km. One of the big things I've noticed is the car gets increasingly louder with time. It also became even louder when I got rid of the "California filters" (Secondary cats), there are way more cracks, pops and burble now...can't wait for the Iroz Motorsport Downpipe and midpipes to arrive

Originally Posted by PKT

My local dealer received 7 TT RS's and is trying to get his hands on more, the demand is very high so no discounts in sight up here. Although I have noticed that they have a whole bunch of TT S's sitting around that aren't selling worth a damn.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:13 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Is that claim only valid if you do launch control ?
what if you don't do launch control, not sure what is involved in that launch control, do you need to turn off all the nanny systems off before you can go?

so without the nanny system it is 3.7 seconds with launch control,
Without it? 4?
Hello,

I hope that this brings this thread back to the top so that maybe others will join in on the difference in the 60' times USA.
Launch-Control versus Off the Foot at a Stand-Still ???

We have a new Golf-R with the DSG Tranny and what you cannot do is, hold the brake and bring the RPM-Up and then let go of the Brake-Pedal.
The electronics will simply not allow you to hold the brake and also raise the RPM from a Stop.
(Actually it's the wife's Golf-R)

With the above being said as an example ^^^

That's why we are wondering how exactly does the electronics work on the TT RS and or the RS-3 ???
Can you Stop, hold break pedal, raise RPM, then let off the brake and off you go ??? (Manually)

I know you can do it with the Launch-Control.

If some of you that luv messing around with your TT RS as well as any of the Audi owners reading this that have the RS-3 jump in guys and further enlighten us.

Sorry, should have said my buddy in San Antonio, TX. & I Do-Not have our two New Audi's it's a next year order for us.
He is wanting the RS-3 Sedan as he is a single fellow so needs much more of a usable DD.
Since wife has her new Golf-R I want the Bad-Boy TT RS for myself.
We are trying to get up to speed on how things work on these two new Audi Models before we order next year.
We both currently have the new Golf R's that's why I mentioned it above as an example.

Thanks,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-01-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hello,

I hope that this brings this thread back to the top so that maybe others will join in on the difference in the 60' times USA.
Launch-Control versus Off the Foot at a Stand-Still ???

We have a new Golf-R with the DSG Tranny and what you cannot do is, hold the brake and bring the RPM-Up and then let go of the Brake-Pedal.
The electronics will simply not allow you to hold the brake and also raise the RPM from a Stop.
(Actually it's the wife's Golf-R)

With the above being said as an example ^^^

That's why we are wondering how exactly does the electronics work on the TT RS and or the RS-3 ???
Can you Stop, hold break pedal, raise RPM, then let off the brake and off you go ??? (Manually)

I know you can do it with the Launch-Control.

If some of you that luv messing around with your TT RS as well as any of the Audi owners reading this that have the RS-3 jump in guys and further enlighten us.

Sorry, should have said my buddy in San Antonio, TX. & I Do-Not have our two New Audi's it's a next year order for us.
He is wanting the RS-3 Sedan as he is a single fellow so needs much more of a usable DD.
Since wife has her new Golf-R I want the Bad-Boy TT RS for myself.
We are trying to get up to speed on how things work on these two new Audi Models before we order next year.
We both currently have the new Golf R's that's why I mentioned it above as an example.

Thanks,
Terry
No, you cannot do that in a TT RS, at least it isn't wise. You will load up the clutch and burn it out if you try. Launch control is the only mechanism to do this safely for your clutch, as there is no manual way to hold the clutch open and drop it on command that I'm aware of. I'm in the SAT area if your buddy wants to see one in person. PM me.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:15 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ormandj
No, you cannot do that in a TT RS, at least it isn't wise. You will load up the clutch and burn it out if you try. Launch control is the only mechanism to do this safely for your clutch, as there is no manual way to hold the clutch open and drop it on command that I'm aware of. I'm in the SAT area if your buddy wants to see one in person. PM me.
That's exactly what I thought as the Golf R we have operates exactly the same in that respect.
You either engage the, Launch-Control, or forget it.

Am I interpreting you correctly that SAT, stands for, San Antonio, TX ???
Just making sure but seems that has to be correct or no point in you mentioning it.

PM sent and Thanks Sir.

Computer is LOCKING-UP on this site for some Un-Known reason I'll try again !!!

Nov 1st 2017 @ 4:19 PM Central Time
Finally the PM did go through

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-01-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't think that 2 a year is really a thing

Originally Posted by PKT

A dealer close to me has already received and sold 3