TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT-RS Available

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts
Default TT-RS Available

For anyone seriously after one, I have exactly one that is arriving, that is available for purchase. As many know, this vehicle will be extremely limited in availability, as most of those arriving are already pre-sold.

Nardo Gray with Black Interior/Red Diamond Stitch
Design Select Interior
Sport Exhaust
No rear spoiler
Black Optic Package
Tech Package
Carbon Inlays
20 inch forged wheels in anthracite
no front plate holder

This car is a confirmed build, so no "will it ever come in" guessing games
It is still open to changes as well, for anyone looking to switch it up a bit, though window is quickly coming.

ETA for arriving right now calls for 8/24-9/21

PM for serious inquiries only.

Thank you
Old 06-22-2017, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm relatively new here/Audi, where are you located?
Old 06-22-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

located outside of Philadelphia
Old 06-22-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Perfect...I'm in Lancaster
Old 06-23-2017, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
located outside of Philadelphia
You've been PM'd
Old 06-23-2017, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts

Just a word of advice. There was similar excitement/angst on finding a Mk 2 TTRS when they were first released. Three years later, there were unsold new TTRS sitting on dealer lots for a year. The Mk 3 TTRS is a great car but everyone who wants one will be able to buy one in a year or so at less than MSRP.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
Just a word of advice. There was similar excitement/angst on finding a Mk 2 TTRS when they were first released. Three years later, there were unsold new TTRS sitting on dealer lots for a year. The Mk 3 TTRS is a great car but everyone who wants one will be able to buy one in a year or so at less than MSRP.
At a dealer with what sort of traffic level? At what sort of initial pricing? In what spec? So many factors to consider, that it's sort of a round and round.

Any car, anywhere, can always be had, at any single point in time, if someone wants one bad enough. Doesn't matter if it's a TT-RS or a 4.0 997, or you name it. Sorta not the point though. Many dealers try to mark up, or withhold inventory, or have principals use cars as demos and then still try to market them as new. I simply know we have the confirmed build slot, the order is, as of now, open to changes, and it is not a car that we will gouge on. Someone will get a solid deal, and most importantly, actually get a car, very soon. I know of people who have orders in with a dealer, and still have no commitment of allocation.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default There are so few TTs sold in the US that you need to shop nationally

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
At a dealer with what sort of traffic level? At what sort of initial pricing? In what spec? So many factors to consider, that it's sort of a round and round.

Any car, anywhere, can always be had, at any single point in time, if someone wants one bad enough. Doesn't matter if it's a TT-RS or a 4.0 997, or you name it. Sorta not the point though. Many dealers try to mark up, or withhold inventory, or have principals use cars as demos and then still try to market them as new. I simply know we have the confirmed build slot, the order is, as of now, open to changes, and it is not a car that we will gouge on. Someone will get a solid deal, and most importantly, actually get a car, very soon. I know of people who have orders in with a dealer, and still have no commitment of allocation.
Regarding the Mk 2 TTRS, Audi imported far more than the originally announced 300 per year in 2012 and 2013. There was the same scramble as now for the Mk 3 TTRS when the Mk 2 TTRS was first released and demand exceeded supply, but supply exceeded demand by the time the 2013 MY was released and a smart shopper was not paying more than MSRP. By 2014 bigger discounts were available on new unsold TTRS sitting on lots across the US for a year. At the same time, Audi dealers were artificially holding up the price of used TTRS that were coming back so as to not further undercut the price of their unsold iron, but low mileage (under 10K) TTRS could be bought for the mid $40s at non-Audi dealerships which was about $5K to $10K less than what Audi dealers were asking for a similar used TTRS. Anyone who relies on only their local dealer for buying any TT is probably not getting the nest deal. I always shop 500 miles, if not nationally, for the best deal.

All I'm saying is that if you want a TTRS you would be foolish to pay over MSRP now when you can get it at MSRP or less later. However, some people have no patience. I commend you for not gouging.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 06-25-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That goes without saying on any car

And with that said I've personally been foolish and paid over MSRP for a car I wanted that was ready to go. I didn't want to wait.

But it's a good thing my available RS won't sell for MSRP let alone over it

If you have the time to deal with cross shopping dealer after dealer, that's awesome. Many don't, or, they have an established relationship with one they like to deal with and trust and things are done on a phone call or email and all get what they want. For a customer who wants to know their car will come soon and wants to spec it accordingly, the opportunity is there.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 06-25-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened with the last TT-RS may or may not happen with the current Mk iii. Audi might be wiser this time and more savvy about limiting supply so as to not have a repeat of TT-RS part 1. We won't know what really ends up happening until 2-3 years from now.

For the time being, the people buying a TT-RS now (hopefully at MSRP and no more than that) will have had 2-3 years of enjoyment with a car that they really wanted by then. That is priceless...

Last edited by f1point0; 06-25-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: TT-RS Available