TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT RS red leather?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Thanks for sharing this document....still doesn't really tell me what options are available for TT, just one example and to "see your dealer". It seems this program would be more utilized if people were not so frustrated by not know what's available and just give up on ordering exclusive. I know I certainly would like to see FOR MY MODEL what interior trim, stitching and two-tone seat combinatntions are available. Does it come down to if you write them a check and sign the purchase order THEN you can get serious with an Audi rep that will show you your choices? Since this is my first Audi I'm finding out they are not really providing any different level of service than any other luxury brand, and that's a shame.
Once you order the exclusive Audi, your vehicle is assigned an Audi rep from hq who puts together a big pdf presentation of your car. It's a CAD model of what exactly your car will look like when complete to confirm it's what you want. My dealer "ok'ed" the doc without consulting me, but once they gave me the doc I was able to email the rep and make corrections.

It's super important that you see that document and talk to the Audi rep because that is where you configure exactly what colors you want in what combination. When you give your order to the dealer, you just say "X color leather with Y color stitching on steering wheel," but on that document you can say different color combinations for the top, sides, and bottom of the steering wheel rim. Same with the seats. There are areas A-J where each can be whatever color and stitching color (where applicable) you want.

Be sure, if you are ordering exclusive interior, that your dealer knows you want to verify the build from the Audi rep before they sign off on it because you will want to make changes. I'm just glad I knew about the rep because otherwise the car I recently ordered would have had 3 errors that my dealer just "approved" based on what they assumed I wanted instead of asking me, and I would have been extremely disappointed when it eventually arrived.

​​​

Last edited by Nebuul; 09-17-2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason: CAD
Old 09-17-2017, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default I suspect the document is wrong - of course

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR
If you look at the PDF above, it certainly doesn't look that way...Not even for the RS3.
RE-confirming my belief that AoA is SNAFU. I'll virtually guaranty you can get exclusive paint on any TT. ACNA is raffling a 2018 RS3 with exclusive paint and my dealer ordered a hideous exclusive green TTS in 2017.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
RE-confirming my belief that AoA is SNAFU. I'll virtually guaranty you can get exclusive paint on any TT. ACNA is raffling a 2018 RS3 with exclusive paint and my dealer ordered a hideous exclusive green TTS in 2017.
For the US, exclusive paint is available on all models except Q5 and Q7. My guess is it will eventually be available for them.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
Exclusive paint is widely available. Exclusive interior options are another story.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

What Audi does here is just plain stupid.

The have invested in all the infrastructure at the factory to deliver these beautiful interiors.
Yet they make them near impossible for the average buyer to get.
The North American channels (Audi Canada) and (Audi USA) are lazy and greedy and obsessed with number of vehicles sold and not much else.
I will sit here with my feet up and you bring me money is the pervasive attitude.

They need to hire some amazon.com execs to straighten out their logistics.
One should be able to configure all this online and order it (Done).
This see your dealer for this and that crap is obsolete.

Rant Over!
Old 09-17-2017, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebuul
Exclusive paint is widely available. Exclusive interior options are another story.
Hi Nebuul, I'm wondering if you may know this. On another post someone had mentioned that If you order an Exclusive paint color, and then order any Exclusive interior options that Audi does not charge the additional $1200 fee just to "opt in" to Exclusive interior options. If that were the case I may opt for the Exclusive "Controls in Black Alcantara" to get the entire steering wheel in Alcantara and the shifter, etc. I would think about that for $1200 but most likely not if it were and additional $2400.

And I agree with the other comment, ordering these options could be a lot easier, although if it were it may not be so "Exclusive".
Old 09-17-2017, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rapture
Hi Nebuul, I'm wondering if you may know this. On another post someone had mentioned that If you order an Exclusive paint color, and then order any Exclusive interior options that Audi does not charge the additional $1200 fee just to "opt in" to Exclusive interior options. If that were the case I may opt for the Exclusive "Controls in Black Alcantara" to get the entire steering wheel in Alcantara and the shifter, etc. I would think about that for $1200 but most likely not if it were and additional $2400.

And I agree with the other comment, ordering these options could be a lot easier, although if it were it may not be so "Exclusive".
On the order guide, anything underneath the $1200 fee requires the fee. I think that means all leather options except palomino brown since it specifically instructs the fee be waived. The only other things you can do without the fee are paint exterior and paint interior inlays.

Last edited by Nebuul; 09-17-2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 09-17-2017, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebuul
On the order guide, anything underneath the $1200 fee requires the fee. I think that means all leather options except palomino brown since it specifically instructs the fee be waived. The only other things you can do without the fee are paint exterior and paint interior inlays.
Thanks, that is what is appears to look like to me also. I'll double check with the dealer but appreciate the feedback.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

All I care about is owning a beautiful two-tone or tri-tone interior, hence why I order the Design Select. Now that they have taken that away from us Exclusive ordering is the way I'm ever going to get in another TT that has an interior I actually want. They would sell a lot more of these if the process wasn't so mysterious and convoluted. Just buy black or grey they say....it's what 99% of the in-stock cars are. How dull and boring.....

Do you have any additional documents from your order process you would be willing to share or email? I'd love to see how the process of selecting a multi-tone seat with the cut/sew patters is presented, as I'm already feeling when my lease is up I'll be undergoing this process, regardless of the crazy cost. I'm THAT set on an interior that I like.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by farmerjones
All I care about is owning a beautiful two-tone or tri-tone interior, hence why I order the Design Select. Now that they have taken that away from us Exclusive ordering is the way I'm ever going to get in another TT that has an interior I actually want. They would sell a lot more of these if the process wasn't so mysterious and convoluted. Just buy black or grey they say....it's what 99% of the in-stock cars are. How dull and boring.....

Do you have any additional documents from your order process you would be willing to share or email? I'd love to see how the process of selecting a multi-tone seat with the cut/sew patters is presented, as I'm already feeling when my lease is up I'll be undergoing this process, regardless of the crazy cost. I'm THAT set on an interior that I like.
There's really not much more to it, unfortunately. The order from the dealership was just "which option, which color." It wasn't until the Audi Exclusive representative stepped in that anything else was even available. I will say that if you go look at the seats for the TT RS, look at the seams. You can basically choose different colors anywhere there is a new piece of leather. So you could have like 8 different colors on those seats if for some reason you really wanted to have a clown car.

The most important thing to remember is to make sure your dealer knows that *you* want to receive the confirmation packet from the audi rep, and *you* are the only one who knows what you want, so they should not confirm your order without your approval. Get the rep's email and discuss what you want with them. You pay a hefty fee ($1200) for this rep's time, so take advantage of it.

Quick Reply: TT RS red leather?