TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS Music Interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS Music Interface

I currently have a 2016 S3 and I really like being able to plug my iPhone into the car via the AMI cable located in the arm rest. I can select my music via the scroll wheel and see all of my play lists, artists etc.

I did test drive a 2016 TTS and loved it but I didn't have time to see or test the music interface from an iPhone.

So my question is there an AMI outlet / cable for the TTS or a way to select my music via the scroll wheel . Again, I really like that function in the S3 ( being able to select my music via the scroll wheel and seeing my music on the screen)

I'd prefer not to Bluetooth the music or download to SD cards.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Yes, it is via USB and not the proprietary AMI adapter cable like on the S3. It is located ahead of the gear shift in the phone storage compartment.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jim137a
I currently have a 2016 S3 and I really like being able to plug my iPhone into the car via the AMI cable located in the arm rest. I can select my music via the scroll wheel and see all of my play lists, artists etc.

I did test drive a 2016 TTS and loved it but I didn't have time to see or test the music interface from an iPhone.

So my question is there an AMI outlet / cable for the TTS or a way to select my music via the scroll wheel . Again, I really like that function in the S3 ( being able to select my music via the scroll wheel and seeing my music on the screen)

I'd prefer not to Bluetooth the music or download to SD cards.

Thanks.
I have my iPod connected directly into the USB port in front, works fine, you can see playlists, artists, etc, plus it shows the graphics of the album cover for each song. I haven't tried plugging my iPhone into the USB (it's on bluetooth), I don't keep my music there (too much music), but I would have to imagine it would work the same.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like this physically:
Attached Images  

Last edited by Can_Quattro; 12-18-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks guys - appreciate the responses.

I'm pretty close to jumping on a TTS. The S3 is fun but now I'm looking for more in the way of handling.

The S3 was my first Audi and I learned that I really like the brand and now that I'm a bit familiar with the brand I'm pretty sure I want to step up to the TTS.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Jim,
I traded in my S3 for a TTS and could not be happier. The TTS offers better handling, sportier feel, superior technology, and it's more of a looker! Make the jump and you won't regret it. Let us know what you decide.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default The latest Car & Driver Lightning Lap agrees

Originally Posted by Amino
Jim,
I traded in my S3 for a TTS and could not be happier. The TTS offers better handling, sportier feel, superior technology, and it's more of a looker! Make the jump and you won't regret it. Let us know what you decide.
They included the S3 this year. It was respectable but could not beat the Mk 2 TTS and the Mk 3TTS is far superior to the Mk 2. When they do the Mk 3 TTS, I expect it will match the performance of the Mk 2 TTRS.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Amino
Jim,
Thanks. Like I said previously the s3 was my first Audi and I love it but now that I " know " what I'm looking for in a sports car I want to upgrade to a TTS. IM just looking for the right car. Once the holidays are over I'm going to start shopping the limited inventory that's out there.

I put 6000 fun miles on the S3 and really enjoy the car. The MMI system suits me well, the interior is great. The only area I'd like to improve on is the handling and I think the TTS will give me that.