TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS ... Rear Suspension Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tf: Unusual to trade in a new Vette. Were you dissatisfied with it? Please tell us how it compares to the TT.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
Guys, One suggestion. In order to eliminate the hatch rattling from this discussion try folding a towel a couple or three layers thick and closing the hatch on it and drive around and see if the noise changes or goes away. Use enough layers that the hatch will barely close and latch. (if that makes it hard to open you may need to press down on it while unlatching)
I tried some other solutions and have ruled out the hatch as the source of the noise. I am going to look at the spare tire compartment this weekend to try to see if that is it.

I had it at the dealer on Tuesday. Of course, they said it is all operating normally but the shop foreman drove with me and heard the same noise I have. Very frustrating.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ocean1
I tried some other solutions and have ruled out the hatch as the source of the noise. I am going to look at the spare tire compartment this weekend to try to see if that is it.

I had it at the dealer on Tuesday. Of course, they said it is all operating normally but the shop foreman drove with me and heard the same noise I have. Very frustrating.
Took everything out of the spare tire area. Still making this noise. Think I have narrowed it down to suspension.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems the guys in the UK are getting their cars fixed fairly easily now:

The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - TTS Suspension knocking sound
Old 01-10-2016, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Seems the guys in the UK are getting their cars fixed fairly easily now:

The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - TTS Suspension knocking sound
Thanks Can_Quattro. Anyone else had this done in the US? Wonder what kind of fight I am up against with the dealer as it seems there is a recall/TSB for UK but I can't find one for US, yet.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just picked mine up today and noticed the thump immediately. I read about the UK bushing fix. Is there a TSB in the US yet?
Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jeffc
Just picked mine up today and noticed the thump immediately. I read about the UK bushing fix. Is there a TSB in the US yet?
Not that I could find. I am at dealer again on Monday for suspension inspection. Will give an update on Monday night.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

fwiw I have none of the thump/clunk anomalies cited here and elsewhere. Being a factory just-in-time vendor supply system I wonder if some under spec'd parts crept into the supply chain (my build 08 Oct 15)?
Old 01-12-2016, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

The thump seems to have returned in my TTS. I wonder if it's temperature related, since it's been near zero °F or below for a few days now.

- Chuck
Old 01-12-2016, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by n828cl
The thump seems to have returned in my TTS. I wonder if it's temperature related, since it's been near zero °F or below for a few days now.

- Chuck

I have noticed it is worse in the AM than the PM - so maybe there is something to that. I am in SoCal though, so cold is a relative term (high 40s).

Quick Reply: TTS ... Rear Suspension Noise