TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Underseat tray

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underseat tray

for my 2017 tts there is a plastic contraption under the drivers seat thats not under the passenger seat. Is there an optional tray that slides in for storage options?!?!
Old 01-04-2018, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

That's the storage tray for your owner's manual. It just barely fits within its case.

Originally Posted by OhBoyKittens
for my 2017 tts there is a plastic contraption under the drivers seat thats not under the passenger seat. Is there an optional tray that slides in for storage options?!?!
Old 01-04-2018, 03:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bruh... you just saved me so much space!!!
Old 01-04-2018, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's so hard to fit it there I gave up and threw it in trunk foam tray
Old 01-04-2018, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

It goes in one way easier than the other, but yes, quite a tight fit.
Originally Posted by timzcat
It's so hard to fit it there I gave up and threw it in trunk foam tray
Old 01-04-2018, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

In other markets (like Europe) there is an actually pull out/enclosed "drawer" in that location. In the US we get an owner's manual holder. Passenger seat can also be equipment with this drawer. It's a shame we don't get that functional storage...lots of uses but they saved $5 and didn't including it in US-spec cars.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Passenger seat can also be equipment with this drawer. It's a shame we don't get that functional storage...lots of uses but they saved $5 and didn't including it in US-spec cars.
When I looked into this on my A5 and A4 (prior to getting my Mk3 TT) Audi has an "excuse"

The design of the under-seat drawer interferes with how Audi has placed the electronics module for the passenger seat occupancy detector for US-spec airbags.

Installing the drawer after-the-fact requires finding a new home for that module and its bracket. The module mounting bracket could have been designed to accommodate the drawer, but for some reason Audi chose not to.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Doug P.
When I looked into this on my A5 and A4 (prior to getting my Mk3 TT) Audi has an "excuse"

The design of the under-seat drawer interferes with how Audi has placed the electronics module for the passenger seat occupancy detector for US-spec airbags.

Installing the drawer after-the-fact requires finding a new home for that module and its bracket. The module mounting bracket could have been designed to accommodate the drawer, but for some reason Audi chose not to.
Hmmm, a “hack” to incorporate a euro under seat drawer sure sounds nice. C’mon someone...do it!
Old 01-06-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

might be able to replace the holder for vehicle wallet (part #37) on the driver side for the stowage box (part#40), or even an fire extinguisher, if the bolt locations are the same.

Underseat tray-ig0muhc.jpg

Underseat tray-trkyepe.jpg
Old 01-06-2018, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow, storage boxes just like my old S4. I’ll talk to the dealer about this. Where did you come across the part breakdowns? I need a good resource.

Quick Reply: Underseat tray