TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

update on mods...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bknewtype
I have no idea. sometimes I feel like bringing it to the exhaust shop and removing my rear muffler to see if it improves the sound. other times I say this is fine cause I don't want to destroy my stock system , and should live with what I have or get an aftermarket system.

will need tips to do a new Y section for the rear. overall cost would b around 400 ish I assume. debating.....

I'm going to go to a few custom installers (2) and see what they say. Can't hurt to hear their thoughts for sure.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jester7677
I'm going to go to a few custom installers (2) and see what they say. Can't hurt to hear their thoughts for sure.
my exhaust guy said the rear muffler wont give me too much sound, the sound is in the stock cat, and a downpipe will give the biggest sound difference
Old 04-20-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

my exhaust guy said the rear muffler wont give me too much sound, the sound is in the stock cat, and a downpipe will give the biggest sound difference
This feels like a stupid question but here goes.... I can't imagine replacing the Downpipe isn't going to void warranty work, right?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jester7677
This feels like a stupid question but here goes.... I can't imagine replacing the Downpipe isn't going to void warranty work, right?
Depends on the problem. Remember, it's in the dealership's best interest to not pay, they are going to look for ways to get out of doing no-charge labor. They'd have to show your modification was the cause of the problem (or you'd have to prove it wasn't) - a legal battle you probably don't want to have to engage in. Downpipe changes back pressure and so forth so I could see them trying to not pay for turbo/etc related issues if they occured in the future. This isn't legal advice, I'm not a lawyer, so make sure to do your own reading on law and consumer protection in this regard but I would say it may not be worth the risk of a legal battle if warranty coverage is a concern for you, even if you're eventually found to be correct.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Although pricey a high-flow Cat would seem the better way to go than a downpipe. Better sound/performance than stock and still emissions inspection and [presumably] warranty compliant.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Although pricey a high-flow Cat would seem the better way to go than a downpipe. Better sound/performance than stock and still emissions inspection and [presumably] warranty compliant.
hfc is not always emission compliant. I had one on my a5 and i failed inspection cause my cat read " not ready"
Old 04-21-2017, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Agreed, HFC's often have to be warmed up for longer than stock prior to emissions inspection.

hfc is not always emission compliant. I had one on my a5 and i failed inspection cause my cat read " not ready"
Old 04-21-2017, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Agreed, HFC's often have to be warmed up for longer than stock prior to emissions inspection.
I drove on the highway for 20 minutes and it read not ready

some hfcs for sure don't pass inspection cause they require the 02 sensors to trick the ecu so no check engine lights

either way having a hfc is pointless if u don't do a tune, and if u tune, it will add a file to make it emission compliant
Old 04-23-2017, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you talk a bit more about the neuspeed power module? How difficult was it to install?

Originally Posted by KnightRiderTT-S
I have added a couple of mods that together completely change my TT-S. Just installed 034 motorsport dogbone insert, k&n drop in filter, neuspeed power module, manually opened exhaust valves and carbon fiber audi sport license plate holder which while pricey is real nice. WOW.....this car is fast and shifts are much better with less slop feeling. Lower rpm the car is louder with valves open and theres just enough turbo sound that doesn't sound like a wrx (i don't prefer obnoxiously loud bov/diverter valve sounds). I played with 2 cars...a mazdaspeed 3 and 135i and it was laughable how much faster I was just doing some short pulls nothing crazy. This car feels faster than my (manual) M4 was off the line. I saw the S3 got 3.9 0-60, wonder if TT-S would be 3.8 or 3.7 since its lighter weight. I can't imagine what the new TT-RS would be like....Anyways, got the car dialed in now and its a perfect daily drive for such simple and inexpensive mods.