Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi q3 ambient temperature sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi q3 ambient temperature sensor

sooooo.... got a problem with my Audi q3. Brought it from an auction with front end damage...(new rad pack, bumper and bonnet). Relatively easy job to fix. However getting a reading of +58 degrees for outside temp. On investigating this is because the ambient temperature sensor isn't connected up and is still on the plastic undertray at the front of the car. My problem is I cannot find where this plugs in at all. No lose cables anywhere. If anyone can shed some light on the whereabouts of this that would be great. I've got around a foot of cable attached to the sensor heading to the right hand side of the car but cannot locate where it plugs in.

Thanks in advance

Jake
Old 04-05-2017, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Wiring Diagrams - the Real Deal

bob,

Quotingfrom the Ross-Tech Wiki, "Official Factory Repair Information for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and VAG based Bentley products is available directly from the manufacturers. erWin does include Repair Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) / Technical Product Information (TPI), Vehicle Identification (by VIN) and much more. These sources are broken down by vehicle market including RoW and NAR:

The RoW (Rest of World) market vehicles use the following sources to purchase a subscription to the appropriate erWin websites:
The NAR (North American Region) including USA and Canadian market vehicles use the following sources to purchase a subscription to the appropriate erWin websites:
A one day erWin subscription in the US is USD$35. You are not limited by the UI to a certain number of pages or characters. The erWin Wiring Diagrams (WD)(once you learn how to read them - Ross-Tech has a tutorial worth a review) are incredibly detailed/useful. For example, the 2009 A4 manual I use with my daughter's Audi includes the WD, component placement maps, and detailed information about terminations into each fuse panel in a 1200 page index-able pdf.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Audi q3

I have the same problem did you ever find out where it plugs in?