Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with my vag com on A8

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my vag com on A8

Ive gone through the process and set the vag vom on my A8 to do a lining brake change. Went to hook it back up and end lining change after completed and it showed errors with an open circuit on the left rear. Checked it this morning and i didnt push the E brake connector on all the way.
So before doin that I apparently left the system on all nite some how and today the battery is apparently dead. The doors wont even self close. Finally got this to happen again. As I disconnect the charger and hook it to the terminals under the hood as required to run vag the system now shows all the brake warning lights. It is not recognizing the vag c9m program though and as I open it up it is not allowing me to goto the systems I need (ex53) parking brake and im not able to push ignition button and shut all systems off. The headlights stay on and I have to disconnect the battery to get everything turned off. Im not even able to start the car. I have had no issues with the car prior to this.

Last edited by kart29; 08-30-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: The problem turned out to be the battery which was purchased brand new at Kragen exactly 2 months ago. Without this pain in the butt issue the job wasnt so bad to do if your mechanically inclined. The battery was my initial inclination, just didnt believe a 200 dollar battery would go bad in that timeframe.