Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

help...how much does it cost to ship 4 15" rims with tires.....more

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-1999, 12:01 PM
mike

Default help...how much does it cost to ship 4 15" rims with tires.....more

I am trying to ship the rims and tires from Los Angeles to Indianapolis, IN. I called a shipping place and they told me that for each rim (assuming each weighs 30lbs) it would cost $25 to package and $31 to ship. Thats about $200 to ship 4 rims and tires. Does that sound right? For those of you who have done it could you please give me some advise
Old 02-02-1999, 12:12 PM
Eric

Default Re: help...how much does it cost to ship 4 15" rims with tires.....more

That seems to be a bit much for shipping. Call UPS and ask them how much it should cost. Also, check out their web site (www.ups.com) and click on the "quick cost" icon. This should give you an idea of what the shipping should be.<p>Good luck.<br>
Old 02-02-1999, 08:08 PM
Dean Benz

Default I just had 4 15" steels shipped from Texas to Reno, NV for $80(more)

Mine were shipped unboxed bundled in pairs with fiberglass tape and with cardboard over the cheap plastic hubcaps and they survived flawlessly! I assume an alloy would fair as well.<p>If tires protect rims hitting potholes at 60Mph, they should be able to protect them from anything UPS can dish out. Just protect the front face from scuffs etc.<p>Good luck.
Old 02-07-1999, 10:22 AM
sk

Default Re: Ship them ground

I have recently bought a clothers-washer in Lousianna and have it shipped to Miami, Florida. It costed me $50 delivered by truck, which took 5 days, i.e., sent on Thursday, arrived on Tuesday (not bad). So, if you are not in a hurry, and want to save some money, go to your yellow pages and find under "shipping" who would do it for you.<br>I hope that will help!