Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

HUGE PrOBLEM HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-1999, 07:27 PM
will

Default HUGE PrOBLEM HELP!!!

anyone who has sympathy...

I just found out today that the Hamann Monoblock wheels that were re-drilled to fit my bolt pattern by Wheelpower... were drilled completely wrong!!! instead of making them a 5x112 the machine shop just made the holes bigger so they could bolt the wheel to the car but it destroyed the rotors... the bolts fused to my rotors(probably from heat) and i think they bent my axel as well.. it was almost impossible to get my wheel back on so i could drive home... all 5 lugs had hot spots and were useless... my question to you guyz is what the hell should i do... Complain to wheelpower was what i was planning to do tomorrow... is it gonna cost me a lot to fix my rotors...Any suggestions....

will
Old 10-03-1999, 07:39 PM
CraigB

Default Major bummer! (more)...

Hopefully your receipt states that the wheels were for your A4; then maybe you can get them to pay for the repairs. Otherwise, you may not have any recourse. Good luck!

CraigB
Old 10-06-1999, 07:10 PM
Kaiser

Default Re: HUGE PrOBLEM HELP!!!

I have a set, and it sounds like they drilled the holes, but forgot to press in the inserts that re-center the lug holes. The inserts are what give you the new bolt pattern, and without them, the wheels are useless. If all four were shipped to you as such, and you did specify that they were for your A4, then they screwed up. Very uncharacteristic of them. Sorry to hear about this.

Kaiser 1.8T qms