Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Wheel/tire forum, issues, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-1999, 06:04 AM
Gary @ Ronal

Default Wheel/tire forum, issues, etc.

Through a mutual agreement, Ronal has stepped away from "sponsorship of the wheel/tire forum".
I believe this is in the interest of both parties and the so called "perception of some of you viewers"---that have the perception that we were trying to monopolize or control what was being said/posted on this forum.
Even though the "sponsorship agreement" allowed control--it was never enforced--only the situation with the Tire Rack brought forth a situation where a non-advertiser was continuously trying to advertise in their own way. Hence--there were a few deletions and rightfully so!
However, I think it's in the best interest of all that I do not sponsor this forum--in fact it was not my idea, in the first place, to call it the Ronal wheel/tire forum.
It has always been there to state any opinions that anyone wanted about wheel/tire issues regardless of any inputs, whether good or bad about Ronal wheels or anything else for that matter.
We have also tried to provide you, as Audi drivers, with valuable correct information about a wide variety of issues regarding wheel/tire fitments for Audi use,etc.--and have provided you with some excellent pricing, through an exclusive buy direct purchase program, for Audi A4.org viewers, for wheel/tire packages for either snow or regular use. I have appreciated your comments and business, THANK YOU.
I will continue to be a banner advertiser, and our involvement will be much more limited. We will still provide any information regarding wheel/tire/and other issues, however, it will not be openly stated--therefore, if you have questions, etc. I will be glad to respond via email to any direct inquiries. We will provide some periodic specials, as is the case with the current special running until Christmas.
Thanks again, and this forum continuous to be open, only the Ronal name is gone.
Old 12-01-1999, 06:29 AM
Cris

Default Thanks, Gary.

Gary, I think all of us (esp. old timers) appreciates your help and support for the past few years on A4.org. As a customer, I can say that the services and products from you/Ronal are first rate!
Thanks again.

Cris
Old 12-01-1999, 07:51 AM
Reggie

Gary - Thanks for all you have done here - I do hope you stay active on the forum
Old 12-01-1999, 09:19 AM
randall

Default ditto

the canadian arm has been great as well.
very professional
thankx
Old 12-01-1999, 01:09 PM
Keith Owes

Default My thoughts. . .

I’ve been a member of A4.org now for over a year. And while I’ve only posted in the “Ronal Wheel & Tire Forum ” a few times, I’ve always appreciated reading your knowledgeable insights. Thank you Gary!

I clearly understand the difficulties surrounding this issue. As a business professional, I know that lights just don’t come on by themselves. A4.org has to generate revenue to survive. This recent issue has generated some very difficult questions:

How many posts under the name Anybody@MyCompany does it take to be considered “free” advertising?

At what point will the integrity of the forum be compromised by various companies pitching their products?

If the A4.org community is so valuable to “other” companies, then why aren’t they banner advertisers?

And many more. . .

I’m not claiming to know all the answers, but I think that in the interest of all of us, the A4.ORG READERS, the proper resolution has been reached. I know nothing about the financial position of A4.org; but I can assume that the lack of sponsorship hurts. If that’s what it takes to maintain the integrity of this forum; then so be it. If that means I get my NYC Metro Area members together to have a fund raiser for A4.org; then so be it. Hell, I’m even willing to pay a membership fee. That’s how valuable this site is to me.

Take care,

Tech
99.5 1.8T, QSM
Old 12-01-1999, 02:22 PM
AndyD

Default Same here

I've been following the forums since about August of '97 and have found much of value. In the years since, I've been a Ronal customer on a couple of occasions and have always found Ronal, and Gary especially, to be just what I want in a vendor: honest, reliable and offering great value. Thanks for everything Gary!

AndyD
Old 12-01-1999, 05:32 PM
DMoore

Default It's been great...

In large part because of your sponsorship of the forum, I brought my brand new S4 to you for snow wheels and tires. By the time we were done I had a new set of R-7s as well, in trade for my stock Avus wheels. My business was a direct result of your contributions here.

You said you'd scale down your involvement and that's your privilege, but please - don't be a stranger. You've been a lot of help to many of us.

DMoore
'00 S4 (yes - the white one)
Old 12-01-1999, 07:30 PM
Gordon Martin

It's been great, we'll miss you - thanks
Old 12-02-1999, 04:08 AM
jasont

Default Interesting...

Vendor contribution benefits the readers of The A4.org, as was my point in disagreeing with the stated policy regarding this forum and "free advertising" in the thread a while back. Because of that view, I will miss your involvement with The Wheel and Tire Forum.

Your involvement enhanced the usefulness of this site on many levels from helping the newbie, to answering technical questions for some of the "old timers".

I have never talked with you personally but knowing you were available to answer questions, offer special wheel/tire discounts and making us feel like we had a "friend in the business" was very much appreciated.

Thank you Gary for all of your help and input.

jasont
Old 12-02-1999, 12:56 PM
ESN

I'm sorry to see you go.

Quick Reply: Wheel/tire forum, issues, etc.