Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Wish ALL dealers whould list wheels that fit on S4..Please respond, everyone.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish ALL dealers whould list wheels that fit on S4..Please respond, everyone.

Besides Tire Rack that has the best site, I wish all the dealers here would list available 17,18 and 19" wheels that fit over the S4 huge calipers without spacers.
Seems that if there was a FAQ site regarding wheels with pics, it would save alot of time for all members and help suport the dealers who sponsor AudiWorld.

It's very tiring hooking up to all these URLs, falling in love with a wheel only to hear that it either doesn't fit, extends over fender,needs spacers,etc.At least give us an idea of choices. If we change suspension,diameter, we can call for more details. Would love to have the weights listed also.
Anyone agree? Hopefully there will be many reponses to motivate both dealers and AudiWorld to set up a site. Searching just doesn't answer these questions (at least in a orderly manner)Sanders stuff at least has a bunch of pics and tried to organize something, would be easier if all dealers DL info somewhere. Might be extended to ALL models, but I know that the S4 is a real problem fit.
DennisD
'01 S4 Avant
'93 NSX
Old 09-26-2001, 08:47 AM

Default Besides ours, you say? Thanks :)

Let me know if I can help!

Eddie
Old 09-26-2001, 11:59 AM

Default Here's our attempt (bound to not be complete)

Almost all BBS wheels will fit in 17x8, 18x8.5, and the LM and CH in 19x8.5
Oettinger RE and RZ in 17x8, 18x8/9, 19x8.5
OZ wheels, including the Superleggera in 17 and 18, Antares in 18 ans 19, Vela II and III in 18 and 17 respectively, etc.
IWC Quicksilver in 18x8.5
Kahn RSS in 18x8 and many other wheels from Edgeracing, including the AEZ Bimo and Radon, and the Sportec Mono 10.
We are currently test fitting some Team Dynamics wheels over the larger calipers of the S4, and hope to have some more additions to this list from the TD line.
DTMAutohaus Kreuz will fit in both 18 and 19.
Leon Hardiritt makes the Kloster for your car in 18 and 19.
The entire Volk lineup, specializing in Te37 and Le37 in 18x7.5.
Can't forget about the big dogs. Any wheel from the Fikse, HRE, or Kinesis lineup will fit your car in 17, 18, or 19.

As far as weights go, CWC is always trying to compile a weight database as we recognize its importance to the customer. Please understand that many manufacturers and distributors do not know weights of wheels, and thus have to "guestimate" instead of taking the time to put a wheel on a scale.
And let me conclude by saying that the best thing to do is just call/email and ask what fits. As an enthusiast myself, I never minded picking up the phone to inquire further into a product that interested me. Doing the research is the fun part, makes the installation of the finished product so much sweeter!
Old 09-26-2001, 03:05 PM

Default What really pisses me off . . .

The one thing I really dislike about the tire rack is that wheel weights are not listed. It is a major impediment for me to consider buying wheels at TR, although I am happy with the service I've gotten buying tires. It's just too much of a pain to look at wheels without knowing weights.

No wheels should be listed for sale without weights for each size, IMO.

darryl

98.5 1.8TQMS santorin

old fashioned sig ^
Old 09-26-2001, 03:46 PM

Default Darryl, if you read my post, you may understand the weight issue better.

The Rack, being the wheel/tire super power they are would be the first ones to add a category of weight to their listings. If you can understand the amount of effort it would take to catalog weights for every single wheel they have in their warehouses, maybe you can be a bit more sympathetic. As I also said in my post, it shouldn't be that much of a deterrent to give the Rack or any other dealer a call to ask about weights of a wheel you may be interested in. Consider it doing proper research in making an educated buying decision.
Old 09-27-2001, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: about wheel weights...

If you can catalog things like rims' pictures, sizes, offsets, bolt patterns, prices, etc, I do not see the difficulty in adding one extra field called "weight".

I suppose the issue is that a company like TR or Coloradowheel would actually have to go through the trouble of weighing all the rims since manufacturers may not provide it with the literature. For some reason, this seems to be just too much trouble - why?? If customers constantly ask for it, why not make them happy? Don't you want to have educated customers? Don't you want your website to provide valuable information?

Or is it a marketing ploy on part of the manufacturers which hopes that people will buy rims strictly based on looks and price? There are so many good looking BUT HEAVY wheels. If you show their weight on your website, they may not sell as well.

I do appreciate the efforts, such as those of Coloradowheel or Edgeracing, to compile/measure the weights of all wheels they carry, if in fact, wheel manufacturers don't bother to provide this data. If wheel manufacturers are to blame for lack of data, I just don't understand why it's so difficult to weigh their own products. NOT WILLING to release this info is more probable.

One of the MAIN ideas behind manufacturing alloy wheels is to make them lightweight. How are we supposed to know how "lightweight" they really are if producers don't reveal that information?
Old 09-27-2001, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

you guys have an awesome website ;-P
Old 09-27-2001, 03:40 PM

thanks to Rob @ www.opticnrg.com