Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #1
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 66538

Default 3.0 coolant leak, please help identify the leaking part (pictures and ETKA included)

This is for a 2002 A4 3.0.

The tranny is out (clutch & flywheel replacement), so the view is from under the car looking up at the rear of the engine.

Please help identify the leaking connector and/or pipe on this illustration:

Thanks!
(My guess is it's # 55)
Old 05-17-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
Account #: 62716

Default That's what it looks like to me as well.

Looks like the heater hose going into the pipe is leaking. You might be able to get just the o-ring and call it a day.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Account #: 54973

Default Re: 3.0 coolant leak, please help identify the leaking part (pictures and ETKA included)

The way I see it, the elbow near #14 is ABOVE the #55 part. On the connector pipe from the right head to the left head looking at the left elbow, that is ware there is the most coolant residue flowing around the pipe at the left elbow where the straight left to right pipe attaches to the elbow. From the parts diagram, the view show a small hose connection that goes to the expansion tank that's #21 and #36. So, the coolant bleed hose to the expansion tank, #21 with #36 must be leaking at the connection to the coolant crossover pipe, or in the hose coupling #21 where #36 is attached with a hose clamp.
alpha helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 57847

Default I just had some coolant leaks fixed on my '02 3.0 as well and it was...

from a crack in my coolant resevoir as well as a leaking washer of some kind near the base of the coolant system. it was a slow leak/seep. unfortunately i was not able to really look under the car and i had the dealer fix it but maybe this helps you. good luck.
sickspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:24 AM   #5
Account #: 94348

Default Re: 3.0 coolant leak, please help identify the leaking part (pictures and ETKA included)

Nie Exploded view. Where did you get that from? There used to be some pics available at http://www.elcats.ru/ , but that site seems to be closed.

I know that some Audi dealers give the paper versions for free (at least here in Finland), but it would be nice to see them online.

Audi A4 TDi 1.9/98
vele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1998, 27, 30, a4, a6, audi, coolant, engine, exploded, hoses, identifying, leak, leaking, pics, reservoir, s4