A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-22-2016, 03:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B7) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

SD card playlists m4a vs mp3

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mpc28
Is there a program like XLD that can be used for windows based PC's? I am having the same issue with playlists not seeing .m4a files and am trying to find a work-around.
Any help really appreciated.
MediaMonkey is the best program to manage your music. It ca create intelligent playlist if you buy the Gold version.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
MediaMonkey is the best program to manage your music. It ca create intelligent playlist if you buy the Gold version.
I am not having problems managing the music but with playlists not seeing .m4a files. Does MediaMonkey solve this issue?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My m4a playlists works properly but I have them on a USB stick in my glovebox.

My SD card reader does not read cards higher than 4GB in my 2009 A4 so I did not bother with it...
Old 03-27-2014, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
After using this thread as a guide to moving my music collection to a Lacie external 2.5" harddrive, I thought I'd add the following suggestions:

(1) After formatting the drive to exFAT, and it subsequently not working, I decided to format it FAT32. Windows will not do this for a drive larger than 32Gb, but I found a utility, fat32format, which works fine ...

(2) I happen to use JRiver's Media Center to organize my music, which is more expensive than Media Monkey, but it does everything very well. It will write 2 types of M3U playlists, extended or simple, both of which will work. The 'extended' versions include the the extended info seen in an earlier post above, e.g.,
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:363,Take a Picture - Filter
... whereas 'simple' writes just the path to the file, e.g.,
Code:
G:\Music\Genre\Artist\Album\01_Title.mp3
G:\Music\Genre\Artist\Album\02_Title.mp3
(3a) The playlist does need to be edited. In my case, the "Genre" folders are at the root of the external drive, which means I need to remove 'G:\Music\' from all lines. This is easy to do via search&replace with Notepad, but I use the freeware "TextCrawler", which will work with all playlists at once.

(3b) Finally the back-slashes '\' need to be changed to forward-slashes '/', again with search&replace. Presumably, a Mac user would not need to do this, but I've heard of problems with Mac not writing a proper 'end of line'. (You may need to add an extra linefeed)

(4) It is best to put all playlists in the root of the harddrive, and the Audi AMI will automatically put them into "Playlists" for you. If you did want to put the playlists into a folder, you will see 2 menu entries in the AMI. Further, you may need to precede each line in the playlist with '../' so that the AMI will know to look in the root for the proper path to the track.

My collection of music is both MP3 and M4a, and I do not have any problems ...

HTH
Old 03-27-2014, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rarewolf
... I do not have any problems ...
... spoke too soon

"Shuffling" isn't working the way I'd like! I'm moving this this problem to a more appropriate forum ...
Old 08-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can anyone confirm... do you use multiple files to create multiple playlists, or just one file with multiple playlists, or can you do both, and if you can do both which would you prefer?

I export my ripped and downloaded files from the iTunes folder using Max and encode mp4s (AAC) straight onto the SD Card.

I've only once tried to create two playlist files converting .rtf to .m3u extension and listing songs in their respective directories without the # lines.

What the hell are those # lines anyway?
Old 12-06-2014, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2010 Audi A4

I recently purchased a 2010 Audi A4. The 64 Gig SD originally did not work. I formatted the SD card to Fat32 and upload the music and it worked fine.

I have a question about the 30 pin factory iPod connector. I was thinking of replacing it with a USB plug instead of the 30 pin. This would allow me to attached a small USB hub with two ports. One port would connect to my iPod Classic and the second to the Viseeo tune2air Bluetooth device to allow for wireless connection to my iPhone -- does anyone know of the use of a USB hub split into two device would work?

WMA2000 - PRODUCT - ViseeO Worldwide Official Site

Thank you, Blaine
Old 12-07-2014, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would be extremely surprised it would work. The easiest and cheapest thing to do is to use a USB stick with MP3 or M4A files on it. You can also load playlists.