A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
hmmm, are you sure? It's what allows the camera to recognize lane markings
v sure, couldnt enter module 09 so i couldnt set it at first, did so later with vcds but got errors. two adaptions that you mentioned where also already enabled.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Question: how do i turn off lane assistant in mmi? my wife hates it and i like
Old 02-20-2017, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Eek_
Question: how do i turn off lane assistant in mmi? my wife hates it and i like
You can't. You have to either disable it via OBDeleven or switch off TCS.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
You can't. You have to either disable it via OBDeleven or switch off TCS.
If you want to disable it using ODBEleven, the only adaption you have to change is:

A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Gochem
If you want to disable it using ODBEleven, the only adaption you have to change is:

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn.
Yup. I know. But you still need OBDeleven. You cannot do it via mmi.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Noob Alert / A5 Coding and Security Codes??

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Here is the coding and adaptations that I used to activate Audi Active Lane Assist, I am not making any promises or assuming responsibility, code at your own risk, But it worked perfectly for me. I do get a few faults but I think it is due to me trying to activate Traffic Sign Recognition. UPDATE: Unchecking the option for STA in A5 coding (Byte 16->Bit 5) and you will no longer get the congestion assist fault code.

You will get a few bings from your car about Pre Sense Malfunction, these will all go away once you are done. This will activate the self steering, steering wheel vibration, and lane crossing warning. Do all the coding then do adaptations.

If using OBDEleven use all the directions only on the left half of the "|" symbol, if using VCDS use all the directions on the right side of the "|".

UPDATE:
Security codes:
A5- 20103

ALL Coding:

HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active | Byte 12>Bit 3

17 - Dash Board EDIT:
Lane Assistant>Active | Byte 4>Bit 6
Lane Change Assistant>Active | Byte 5>Bit 3 - This should only be on if you have Audi Side Assist (blind spot monitor).

09 - Central Electrics
Heading Control Config>heading_control | Byte 35>Bit 0

44 - Steering Assistance
Heading Control Assistant>Active | Byte 2>Bit 7

ALL ADAPTATIONS:

5F - Information Electronics

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning_over_threshold_high = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2>LDW_HCA_0x19> Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus> Set Value to “Terminal 15”

BAP Personalization = Set Value to “Not Activated”

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on = Set value to “Last Setting”

System mode, lane depart. warn, = Set Value to “Selection via menu”

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the button to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC)

You can tweak the vibration intensity, warning time, and steering effort in these A5 adaptations:

UPDATE

Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: steering wheel vibration (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: power steering support (3 options)

How dense am I that I just don't understand where everyone is beginning with this?

I got my OBDEleven Pro and my Android phone. I successfully linked the two together. I did the initial scan of the vehicle. Then where do I go from there? I feel so stupid...
Old 02-22-2017, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080A4
How dense am I that I just don't understand where everyone is beginning with this?

I got my OBDEleven Pro and my Android phone. I successfully linked the two together. I did the initial scan of the vehicle. Then where do I go from there? I feel so stupid...
It can definitely be confusing in the beginning but I promise that its not as scary as it seems. Each feature in your car has a module that controls it, these are organized via number/letter codes and a label i.e. A5- Front Driver Assistance, 44- Steering Assistance (I am paraphrasing, don't quote me on the labels.

Within each Module is a string of code (hex values aka, 8 'BITS', 0 is a value so its only numbered to 7) are all binary, on or off, this arrangement of 8 bits is then organized into a 'BYTE' (just like in computer memory, theses also start at 0). The string of code is what tells the module which feature are active and which are not, you could activate every feature but if the hardware is not there then of course its telling something that doesn't exist to turn on. P.S. OBDEleven has coding where there are labels for most BITS that you can toggle on and off or you can hit the 1|0 icon on the top right to LONG CODE, which is altering the Hex string in the way I described (I prefer this, as its easier to find)

So when an instruction reads
HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
That means the module the coding is inside of is Module A5 (always go on the module codes because I paraphrase the labels) then you would select CODING in this case and in OBDeleven you can either scroll through the list playing where is Waldo for the label HC and turn it on, or you can just go to LONG CODING and find BYTE 16, then make sure that BIT 7 within that byte is turned on.

Then there are adaptations that adjust the values of the module, its pretty straight forward as there are all in list form with easily laid out options within each adaptation channels; and within OBDEleven you can search for a specific adaptation.

If you were to liken coding to hooking up a Stereo think of the Coding as the wiring to activate the speaker (the feature), and the adaptation as the equalizer in an attempt to hear a certain frequency (the activated feature). P.S. not all codings need adaptations to activate but this is a simple explanation
The following users liked this post:
Mike G. (07-28-2021)
Old 02-22-2017, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well this is definitely a starting point. Thank you for taking the time to explain this. I'm going to head to the garage now and see if I can make sense of this. Oh man.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080A4
Well this is definitely a starting point. Thank you for taking the time to explain this. I'm going to head to the garage now and see if I can make sense of this. Oh man.
Just follow it by doing all the coding first and then all the adaptations, maybe print it out and you can cross it out as you go so you're not going back and forth between 2 screens
The following users liked this post:
Mike G. (07-28-2021)
Old 02-22-2017, 08:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Great. Now only one error.

Ok. I get it now! Thank you. I programmed everything but I do get one error when starting the car that reads malfunction see owners manual. I'll see what I can figure out.

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)