Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Dealer found unexpected surprise. Car was Tuned!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The Royal Purple must have been at least 90 weight for it to have sapped the other 60 HP that the Chipwerke makes😄
Of the 8 Audi A6's that you have tested with the 3.0, how many were Chipwerke or what kind were they?
Maybe when they said that their car was chipped they meant that the windshield was chipped?
Old 07-27-2015, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dshahs420
Yes I own 3 speed shop locations in the state of RI. Yes I own a 4 wheel dyno and also a 2 wheel dyno that are calibrated every 6 months. Yes I bought my Audi at the dealership brand new with 12 miles on the ODO. So far we have had 8 Audi A6 3.0 that have been chipped, with the fluids changed to Royal Purple(oil, ATF, transfer case and diff) and put on a dyno before the change and then after and yes not one showed an increase of more than 10hp. The before and after is purely for the RP change and gain in hp. Now I don't know where these people bought their A6s as some were new and some used.
As for drugs....even if that was meant for the OP not all of them are bad as I am a drug dealer by profession.
No, the drug comment was aimed at you because of your profile. Well played
Old 07-28-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dshahs420
Yes I own 3 speed shop locations in the state of RI. Yes I own a 4 wheel dyno and also a 2 wheel dyno that are calibrated every 6 months. Yes I bought my Audi at the dealership brand new with 12 miles on the ODO. So far we have had 8 Audi A6 3.0 that have been chipped, with the fluids changed to Royal Purple(oil, ATF, transfer case and diff) and put on a dyno before the change and then after and yes not one showed an increase of more than 10hp. The before and after is purely for the RP change and gain in hp. Now I don't know where these people bought their A6s as some were new and some used.
As for drugs....even if that was meant for the OP not all of them are bad as I am a drug dealer by profession.
As a service to those of us considering a Chipwerke or Racechip, can you please post the charts from the A6's that you dyno'd and include before/after chipping? I'm sure there are a LOT of people on here that would be surprised to see that the piggyback that's dropping their 0-60 time under 5 seconds is actually only adding 10hp. What are you showing for torque gains? 12 ftlbs? lol
Old 07-28-2015, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to put customers dyno charts on the web as it is bad business practice. I'll try to find the dyno charts for my own car and post. If I can't find them. I'll just do another dyno run and post.
For all you guys making fun of this info go ahead. At least I know that I'm not going to be fooled by them anymore. And yes the torque increases are much worse than the dyno numbers. Don't know off the top of my head.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Guys... there is a "chipped" designation we are using but this can be anything. I'm sure there are bogus chip upgrades while there are other "chips" that really do a good job. In my personal opinion I think we're assuming the lesser effective "chips" are comparable to the chipwerke which seems to be a good product.
Even if any other mod was yielidng only 10HP increase, that could also be a result of another failing component such as bad IAT, failing MAF, etc. Could also be a bad batch of chips.

I'm as skeptical as the next guy, but I'm willing to give things a fair shake to prove me wrong. Doesn't mean it will change my preference just prove that some things work better than I thought. Eehh.
We've all just experienced things differently so we all have different truths. At end of the day I'll stand and defend family, friends and those ill-advantaged; BUT I'm not picking arguments over products getting other people rich. Having said that.. to each their own.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sirius Radio

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread. When the op stated his surprise, well I somewhat know the feeling.
Here is an unrelated experience with my 2012 A6 Prestige lease return, that I bought 14 months ago.
The Sirius radio is still working. I'm guessing the previous lessee paid for a lifetime subscription. Time will tell.

Last edited by engleg; 07-29-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by engleg
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread. When the op stated his surprise, well I somewhat know the feeling.
Here is an unrelated experience with my 2012 A6 Prestige lease return, that I bought 14 months ago.
The Sirius radio is still working. I'm guessing the previous lessee paid for a lifetime subscription. Time will tell.
No, it's not a highjack - the chip in the Sirius radio is good for about 10HP
Old 08-03-2015, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
No, it's not a highjack - the chip in the Sirius radio is good for about 10HP
LOL...

No not engine related but yes same experience. It's like pulling out an old pair of jeans not worn for a while and finding an unexpected $100 dollar bill in the pocket. Congrats on your free treat engleg
Old 08-04-2015, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, I am wondering if part of the tune is a dyno as well. Maybe you could work with your tuner to get a before dyno pull. If it shows the expected ~70AWHP add from stock then maybe you could pay for dyno only and not need to spend the additional for a tune you don't need.