Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

ECS Wheel Spacer kits seem very expensive. Worth it??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zzimbile
I may have a set for sale shortly if you are interested
May I ask why you're selling them? Which set are you selling (is it the S3 flush it set)? How shortly is 'shortly' and have you decided on a price?
Old 10-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ByteBiz
May I ask why you're selling them? Which set are you selling (is it the S3 flush it set)? How shortly is 'shortly' and have you decided on a price?
For some reason I cannot PM you, but I am getting a new set of wheels with different offsets, so no need to keep the spacers in. They are 15mm up front and 17.5mm in the back, as I found this more "flush" than the standard option. When I figure out how to PM we can try to work something out
Old 10-03-2015, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zzimbile
For some reason I cannot PM you, but I am getting a new set of wheels with different offsets, so no need to keep the spacers in. They are 15mm up front and 17.5mm in the back, as I found this more "flush" than the standard option. When I figure out how to PM we can try to work something out
Will try to PM you...
Old 10-05-2015, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ECS spacers on my S3. Was definitely worth the price to me. Very nice product and really changes the car. Have decided not to use them when I mount my winter wheels and tires however. Am thinking I will throw less salt and grime on the lower body panels if the wheels are tucked into the wheel well a bit more. I have the 10mm/17mm kit. Again, I can recommend the ECS kit.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
ECS spacers on my S3. Was definitely worth the price to me. Very nice product and really changes the car. Have decided not to use them when I mount my winter wheels and tires however. Am thinking I will throw less salt and grime on the lower body panels if the wheels are tucked into the wheel well a bit more. I have the 10mm/17mm kit. Again, I can recommend the ECS kit.
Thx fixeroh. It seems that everybody here who has the ECS spacers has had a good experience with them. I suspected this from the beginning based on the overall good reputation that ECS has on the forum - my main goal was to find out whether there are less expensive alternatives with similar quality. Based on the feedback so far, the answer seems to be no :-(
Old 10-07-2015, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like a total fail either way you go. introducing a 120-200$ part that goes in between your hub and wheel. that *could* produce vibration. that will require special steps to put on. that will be super annoying to deal with if you need to put the spare on.
all for what? looks? if i got these i would constantly be worried about my wheels flying off.

FFFFFFFFAIL

..enjoy
Old 10-07-2015, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extra steps? Use a wheel hanger. Put the spacer on the hanger to the hub then mount the wheel. Only critical thing to remember is that the lug bolts for the spacer are longer than the stock bolts. Correct length bolts are included with the ECS spacer kit. Good to keep some stock bolts in the car with the spare in case you need to use the spare of course. Not one bit of vibration for me. ECS spacers are superior quality. I have no worries on my part.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Extra steps? Use a wheel hanger. Put the spacer on the hanger to the hub then mount the wheel. Only critical thing to remember is that the lug bolts for the spacer are longer than the stock bolts. Correct length bolts are included with the ECS spacer kit. Good to keep some stock bolts in the car with the spare in case you need to use the spare of course. Not one bit of vibration for me. ECS spacers are superior quality. I have no worries on my part.
+1. Never had a problem with mine and never even had a concern with the quality. It is why I went with ones that I knew were hubcentric and would not have any issue. Would recommend them
Old 10-08-2015, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by markN1689
sounds like a total fail either way you go. introducing a 120-200$ part that goes in between your hub and wheel. that *could* produce vibration. that will require special steps to put on. that will be super annoying to deal with if you need to put the spare on.
all for what? looks? if i got these i would constantly be worried about my wheels flying off.

FFFFFFFFAIL

..enjoy
Have my ECS spacers on since April wheel swap. No vibration. In fact I think they enhance the stability of the vehicle with the slightly wider track.