Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Subwoofer volume control missing from 2017 S3 sedan B&O system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 03:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updates?

Any updates to this? I bought over the weekend and am disappointed. Bought a Prestige A3 with B&O and no sub control but every 2016 I drove had it. Mind boggling. Is the sub that orange cone in the rear deck?
Old 04-03-2017, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Erik Peterson
Any updates to this? I bought over the weekend and am disappointed. Bought a Prestige A3 with B&O and no sub control but every 2016 I drove had it. Mind boggling. Is the sub that orange cone in the rear deck?
Here is my update: Stop waiting and buy an amp. I got this:
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...o-SA500.1.html
and this
Amazon Amazon
these two work together flawlessly. There's power under the black plastic shell, and the sub wires come out of the sub

For one channel its blue/violet (-) and white (+), for the other channel brown/blue is (+) and brown/white (-). There is a styrofoam piece that is in the left upper part of the trunk (just out of view of the picture) that can be removed and makes a little space for both those items.

PS a generic LOC WILL cause problems. It has to be a line driver like the lc2i

Last edited by Rpgonzalez; 04-03-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How long did this install take you? And the BO sub is good and well driven by this setup? I'm curious about the power situation. You say there is power underneath the plastic shell, can you be more specific?
Old 04-04-2017, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Erik Peterson
How long did this install take you? And the BO sub is good and well driven by this setup? I'm curious about the power situation. You say there is power underneath the plastic shell, can you be more specific?
The install took me quite a bit of time since there was no information out there regarding how the 700W is split up among the speakers, the impedance of the sub, wire color, placement etc. I ordered 5 amplifiers with different setups, sizes and power ratings and went through about that many line converters. Even smoked one amp and a Line Converter (thank God not the the B&O amp!) because the stock amp actually puts out quite a deal of current at 3/4 volume. Stupid engineering oversight to cripple it with the lack of an adjustment. Also, I had to trouble shoot an intermittent problem that traced back to using any analog LOC.

Anywayyyy, if you buy those two components I posted and use the related info, it will take no more than 2 hours. To the left of the gas tank there is a plastic shell with about 10 screws. Under this shell there is the battery. 1 medium sized ring terminal on the battery for positive and 1 ring terminal attached to the ground (which is right next the battery and already has a nut there) and you are done with power.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you in a sedan or sportback? I'm in a sedan. Is the battery still back there?
Old 04-04-2017, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Oh shoot I forgot I was not on the E-tron forum. Sorry, the sedan battery is most likely in the front. Pop the hood and let me know for sure. Doesn't take much longer to run a lead all the way back, but it's a crap job.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rpgonzalez
Oh shoot I forgot I was not on the E-tron forum. Sorry, the sedan battery is most likely in the front. Pop the hood and let me know for sure. Doesn't take much longer to run a lead all the way back, but it's a crap job.
it actually is not that bad. there is a grommet in the fire wall right where a clutch assembly would attach. poke a small hole in the grommet, and using a wire snake, push the power wire through the fire wall from inside the cabin up into the engine bay. on the first try (probably a little lucky), my power wire popped up right next to the battery. the other place i used the snake was getting the wire from the rear seat area into the trunk. you have to go under a plastic trim piece to get into the trunk.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default VCDS

Don't know if anyone has tried this, but there is a way to enable the Sub controls via VCDS. I'm hoping to try it this weekend. It works on the 2016 MMI just not sure about our new MMI in 2017.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So VCDS was a bust. The codes aren't available for the 2017s yet. I really don't want to install another amp. What version of MMI is everyone running? I think mine is 0694.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What did you do for a remote wire?

Originally Posted by -hef-
it actually is not that bad. there is a grommet in the fire wall right where a clutch assembly would attach. poke a small hole in the grommet, and using a wire snake, push the power wire through the fire wall from inside the cabin up into the engine bay. on the first try (probably a little lucky), my power wire popped up right next to the battery. the other place i used the snake was getting the wire from the rear seat area into the trunk. you have to go under a plastic trim piece to get into the trunk.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer volume control missing from 2017 S3 sedan B&O system?