Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Subwoofer volume control missing from 2017 S3 sedan B&O system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik Peterson
What did you do for a remote wire?
when i went through the firewall for power, i taped the remote wire to the power line when i pushed it through using the snake. then i tapped into one of the fuses in the engine compartment. i think it was the fuse for the wipers.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And for a ground?

Originally Posted by -hef-
when i went through the firewall for power, i taped the remote wire to the power line when i pushed it through using the snake. then i tapped into one of the fuses in the engine compartment. i think it was the fuse for the wipers.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

And for a ground?
that info is in the last few sentences of my post:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post24943692

Last edited by -hef-; 04-13-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rpgonzalez
Oh shoot I forgot I was not on the E-tron forum. Sorry, the sedan battery is most likely in the front. Pop the hood and let me know for sure. Doesn't take much longer to run a lead all the way back, but it's a crap job.

One more question for you: Did you hook up the amp to a subwoofer that's in the spare tire compartment or do you have the pancake sub similar to what @hef has?

Last edited by Erik Peterson; 04-18-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

One more question for you: Did you hook up the amp to a subwoofer that's in the spare tire compartment or do you have the pancake sub similar to what @hef has?
this:

Old 04-24-2017, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if this has already been answered but what was the reason Audi got rid of the sub control in the '17 model S3?
Old 04-24-2017, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
Sorry if this has already been answered but what was the reason Audi got rid of the sub control in the '17 model S3?
oh hell. If its not a stupid engineering mistake then its on purpose to cover up a stupid engineering mistake.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So VCDS was a bust. The codes aren't available for the 2017s yet. I really don't want to install another amp. What version of MMI is everyone running? I think mine is 0694.

Hi,

Since I work at a Audi dealer I have spoken to some guys who have asked the factory about this. There wil be a software update for the cars missing subwoofer control, but they couldnt tell me when. They just said "this summer or fall".

I have SW version 0679 and are missing the Sub control. We now sell new A3's who have the 0875 version and they have the Sub control. Stupid.

So, the factory er aware of the problem, and there will likely be a solution, some time..
Old 05-10-2017, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by fastolsen
Hi,

Since I work at a Audi dealer I have spoken to some guys who have asked the factory about this. There wil be a software update for the cars missing subwoofer control, but they couldnt tell me when. They just said "this summer or fall".

I have SW version 0679 and are missing the Sub control. We now sell new A3's who have the 0875 version and they have the Sub control. Stupid.

So, the factory er aware of the problem, and there will likely be a solution, some time..
Is it the same for the B9 A4s? Those of us who bought it last year have the older version without the subwoofer control. Whereas those who bought it recently have a newer version with sub control. I gave my car for a recall and spoke to the service advisor but he said he doesn't have any info on how to update the version to the newer one yet!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Is it the same for the B9 A4s? Those of us who bought it last year have the older version without the subwoofer control. Whereas those who bought it recently have a newer version with sub control. I gave my car for a recall and spoke to the service advisor but he said he doesn't have any info on how to update the version to the newer one yet!!!
Hi,

I really dont know if thats a issue they know of. Maybe you just have to wait and see if there will be an SW update any time soon.

We have some cars (A3 8V facelifts) with random issues with the MMI software. The factory know of most of them, but they are really slow with providing new software. They are slow as long as there's not an major issue, with a brand new model...

Quick Reply: Subwoofer volume control missing from 2017 S3 sedan B&O system?