Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Anyone know where the door contact switch wires terminate? Won't go into sleep mode.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do the door contact switch wires terminate? 04 allroad won't go into sleep mode

I've got a 2004 allroad V8, summer and winter packages, 235k miles. Chasing an electrical drain that completely flattens the battery in just a few days. My research tells me that allroads have what's called run-on mode, which keeps several systems powered for 15 minutes after you shut the ignition off and close all the doors. After which, it's SUPPOSED to go into sleep mode, powering down those systems.

So I opened my driver's door, clicked the door latch all the way in, then hit my remote lock button twice to lock it and arm the alarm. Waited 20 minutes, and started testing fuses. Found decent power draw, about half an amp each, from fuse 15 (instrument cluster, air conditioner) and fuse 17 (navigation). Now the car does have a factory nav system, but it is unused as there's no disc in it. But when I tried leaving fuse 17 out, apparently it also runs other systems and pissed the car off.

It would seem that the car isn't going into sleep mode. And apparently the only thing that could trigger this is if the car thinks one or more of the doors aren't closed. This seems odd because if I leave any of the 4 doors, the trunk hatch, or the hood open, it will not let me arm the alarm. But as soon as I do shut them, the horn blips and the alarm is armed. Plus of course the screen in my dash doesn't indicate any doors ajar.

However, I read on a forum post that despite all that, the "door contact switches" can still possibly not be working properly, and signaling the ECU to not let the car go into standby/sleep mode.

So I'm wondering how to go about diagnosing this. I've dug and dug and can't find any good wiring diagrams. I did find something that said the door contact signal is a ground signal from the control unit for central locking.

I could start tearing door panels apart to see if one of the door contact sensors isn't working properly, but don't really wanna tear my car apart right now. Can anyone give me advise on how to test the wiring for the central locking control unit to see if it will tell me which of the doors might not be sending signal? Or perhaps I can just disconnect the wire for now so that I can at least not have to keep charging my battery every week?

Last edited by Cyfun; 10-06-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nobody has a wiring diagram for the Comfort Control Module?
Old 10-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bring your issue over here quattroworld.com Forums: allroad
lot more traffic and theres a few folks that have access to 'stuff'
Old 10-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PaperToast
bring your issue over here quattroworld.com Forums: allroad
lot more traffic and theres a few folks that have access to 'stuff'
Gotcha, thanks!
Old 12-17-2015, 01:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In case anyone ever has the same issue and is wondering if I ever fixed it, I believe I did. Completely unplugged the nav system in the trunk, and my electrical drain went away.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did the same thing. My draw seems to be gone...for now. Can't use the system anyway, without a disk.