Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

first time audi owner from Istanbul, with some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time audi owner from Istanbul, with some questions.

Hey guys,
as a long time bike rider, i decided it was time to switch to 4 wheels and finally i bought myself a A3 Cabrio Ultra 1.4TFSI Ambition. (i know its a small engine but, i live in turkey and i've paid 45k Eur for it, taxes are crazy here)
i didnt have the chance to set my own car order, i just bought what they had in store, so its missing some of the features i wanted.
im thinking of adding them up in time
still havent received the car tho, i'll get it tomorrow morning and im somewhat thrilled.

i'll start a new thread for your recommendations of accessories, but it doesnt hurt to ask here i guess.
Here it goes:

1- im looking for a key fob cover, i've heard the silicone ones are not that good so i've found two others
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-Leather-Key-Fob-Cover-6-Colours-Available-One-Size-/221387651116?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item338bbb782cand
Tahmini Teslimat Zaman?
what do you guys think of them? any experience?

2- i dont have rear cam, and front parking sensors but i want them. i'm not a noob driver, but sometimes i'm just sloppy and i dont want my new car to be scratch so i want them.
The warranty conditions are very strict where i live, so they have to be Audi manufactured. Do you know where i can get these stuff? do you have the model codes for them? Where can i order them the cheapest? Will i go out of warranty by adding audi manufactured accessories?

3- i have a Bernese mountain dog, she'll sit at the back mostly, i want to find a silicone/plastic pool, which will fit on top of my back seats and should cover most of the area, so it will protect the car from my beautiful and gentle giants enormous claws. can i find someone who will make/build such thing for me?

4- my seats arent leather, and i m thinking to get em leathered up, what are the pros and cons of aftermarket leather applyings? (i want my seats to look better when i open the roof)

5- What else should i get? and finally what i should avoid totally?

Thanks in advance. Have a great day.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did you ever get your questions answered?
Old 01-18-2016, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Did you ever get your questions answered?
Hello,

unfortunately not.
İ've bought an original key fob cover from an audi dealership abroad tho.
i think i've payed 25Euro for it and it looks very nice.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by alpg
Hello,

unfortunately not.
İ've bought an original key fob cover from an audi dealership abroad tho.
i think i've payed 25Euro for it and it looks very nice.
Your best option would be to head over to the A3 Forum and post your above first post there. Lots of good folks that I'd bet would have the answers you're looking for.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Your best option would be to head over to the A3 Forum and post your above first post there. Lots of good folks that I'd bet would have the answers you're looking for.
hmmm. i could have sworn i posted this at the A3 forums. where is my post then? i'm confused hehe.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm not sure but maybe a new member's first post might automatically go to the New Member Forum?
Old 01-18-2016, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It looks like your post has been transferred to the right forum as seen with the above header.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can find alot of the Audi "OEM" products on aliexpress.com. There is quite a bit of rear camera's that are audi versions.

There is also a cheap (and better imo) version on ebay that works like a charm. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...stall-2872597/

As for the sensors, this is a little bit more complicated, but you can find the set on aliexpress too. If you can, find a shop that does Audi retrofits.

Not sure about the animal stuff, but there is a bunch of options on ebay too which is essentially a big blanket that connects to your headrest to the rear headrest so the dog hair/other doesn't get all over your seats.

Personally, I dont think the aftermarket leather seats will be that great. If you can, just find some used OEM ones and swap out. Won't be cheap.

Good luck on the adventure and post what you do find!