Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

4 Year Traffic Subscription still included in 2014 models

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks. Audi of America left me a message to contact Sirius because it likely isn't activated. I called Sirius they said that I need to talk tow different customer division who deals with dealers such as audi. I told them that i had traffic for several weeks work and now it isn't on and they tell me to call Sirius in my car display. They stated that likely over the past few weeks they sent traffic as a free prione to cars and thus I had it.

All I have on my account is the free trial for 3 months and not nav traffic.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imdakine1
Thanks. Audi of America left me a message to contact Sirius because it likely isn't activated. I called Sirius they said that I need to talk tow different customer division who deals with dealers such as audi. I told them that i had traffic for several weeks work and now it isn't on and they tell me to call Sirius in my car display. They stated that likely over the past few weeks they sent traffic as a free prione to cars and thus I had it.

All I have on my account is the free trial for 3 months and not nav traffic.
You should have received a packet from your dealer when you got your Q5 that described Sirius Satellite Radio and an additional brochure that explained Sirius Traffic( also the trial period ) . It also has your Radio ID. If you didn't receive it, you should contact your dealer. If your Q5 had the Sirius Radio trial, then traffic should have been activated as well because they share the same ID.

It sounds like you need to contact Audi of America again and just ask them to do a three way call to Sirius. They provide some of the best customer service around and have no problem addressing issues with their partners. They were very helpful with my issues with T-Mobile and helped me in a three way call as well.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I guess buying a dealer loaner CPO with 6,000 miles makes my car ineligible for 4 years but only three months... All I can say is that I am VERY disappointed. I find it interesting that I have the 3 months trial for Sirius XM, 6 months trial for audi connect, but only a 3 month trial for Sirius XM traffic...?

In my opinion this makes absolutely no sense at all. If the car wasn't a loaner and I am a second owner of the vehicle why would I get to have the six month audi connect and the three month radio trial?

I'm not upset over the $ amount since think it is $4 per month (4 years) so it's pennies but it's disappointed that I feel misled.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imdakine1
I guess buying a dealer loaner CPO with 6,000 miles makes my car ineligible for 4 years but only three months... All I can say is that I am VERY disappointed. I find it interesting that I have the 3 months trial for Sirius XM, 6 months trial for audi connect, but only a 3 month trial for Sirius XM traffic...?

In my opinion this makes absolutely no sense at all. If the car wasn't a loaner and I am a second owner of the vehicle why would I get to have the six month audi connect and the three month radio trial?

I'm not upset over the $ amount since think it is $4 per month (4 years) so it's pennies but it's disappointed that I feel misled.
Oh wow. I wasn't sure when it comes to a CPO if it was included, but I guess you know now. Well, your not missing much and if you choose to continue the service, it isn't that expensive.