Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

BT microphone volume-can it be increased?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default BT microphone volume-can it be increased?

as above-can you increase microphone's sensativity? Wen my DF talks from the car the voulme seems a bit low-you can still understand, but you'd need to "focus" to hear the voice...
Old 05-07-2010, 03:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're talking about BlueTooth? If so you can increase the volume through the thumbwheel (volume control) on your steering wheel.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VetteSiNz
You're talking about BlueTooth? If so you can increase the volume through the thumbwheel (volume control) on your steering wheel.
i think your find thats only the volume it wont actually increase microphone sensitivity,i had to have mine adjusted at dealer.at least they said they had but i cant hear any difference,good luck
Old 05-07-2010, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rapidcool
i think your find thats only the volume it wont actually increase microphone sensitivity,i had to have mine adjusted at dealer.at least they said they had but i cant hear any difference,good luck

With vag-com there is mic sensitivity setting on radio and telephone modules that controls the phone mic and can be adjusted.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Where is the mic located?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bags_Q5
Where is the mic located?

On left hand drive cars phone mic is behind that little grill on left side of homelink buttons.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kleinbus
With vag-com there is mic sensitivity setting on radio and telephone modules that controls the phone mic and can be adjusted.
Today I spoke to the service advisor from the dealer, he said the mic's sensativity cannot be adjusted -I had a feeling he did not do a research on it...
Old 05-07-2010, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with kleinbus, the option is in VAG-COM to adjust the sensitivity of the Mic., Altho I haven't needed to adjust mine it is there. I don't think your dealer cares to investigate it.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yesterday I was fiddling radio start volume and also changed my mic sensitivity from 1 to 3 (scale 1 to 6) and I have to do test later today to see does it make difference...

The mic location is bad as driver would need to look to homelink buttons to speak directly to mic. On the other hand, there is no good place at all to have direct path and I'm not sure I would want one of those flexible arms hunging from drivers A-pilar.

There is few owners here who have really good service but my dealers service advisors, LOL (I have to be careful with this LOLing as I might again fall off from my chair) they have attitude that nothing is wrong unless wheel falls off so I don't even bother asking them.

Last edited by kleinbus; 05-08-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kleinbus
Yesterday I was fiddling radio start volume and also changed my mic sensitivity from 1 to 3 (scale 1 to 6) and I have to do test later today to see does it make difference...

... There is few owners here who have really good service but my dealers service advisors, LOL (I have to be careful with this LOLing as I might again fall off from my chair) they have attitude that nothing is wrong unless wheel falls off so I don't even bother asking them.
I did BT re-set in MMI -will need to see/hear if it helped. Re: service advisors: if re-set does not work, then I will point out to vag.com ajustment and see what they say...

Quick Reply: BT microphone volume-can it be increased?