RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Should I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Should I do it?

Good Evening to all,
I am new to this forum but I figured this was the best place to come for advice for obvious reasons lol. But anyway I had a few questions and concerns in regards to a upcoming purchase. I currently drive a 2008 Lexus ISF. The car has 103,000 miles on it and it's getting to the point where it is giving me small problems here and there. Thankfully it is still under warranty until next month. I am also graduating college in June so I wanted to treat myself to something nice. I am looking into purchasing a 2014 RS7 and getting rid of my ISF. The RS7 has always been a dream car and now I am in a good position to turn that dream into a reality. So for those of you who have had the RS7 for a while, I wanted to ask a few questions.
1. How is the car in terms of reliability?
2. Any thing specific I should look for before making the purchase on a 2014?
3. Does Audi sell extended warranties and is it worth it?
4. Is tire and rim insurance worth it? (NY streets suck)
5. Any other suggestions or advice? (Open to all comments)
Thank you for your time and I look forward becoming a member of the Audi community!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just my thoughts...

The RS7 is a wonderful, but very high-strung car. If I were to acquire one, I would lease a new RS7 with full warrantee and tire/rim insurance. My RS5, for instance, has only 15,000 miles but has already had brakes replaced (2.5K), a fuel pressure regulator issue and an Audi software update - all covered under warrantee. I am also nearly through my second set of tires, but that is my own doing with long aggressive canyon runs. I have the maintenance plan as well. Given the propensity for theft, teh lease has gap insurance as well, which provides peace of mind.

You do save in the upfront costs when buying used, but the uncertainties can bury you...

Happy Motoring

Eric
Old 02-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the full extended warranty, the maintenance plan and the tire/wheel insurance. So far my RS7 has been very reliable but I work out of the home and have accumulated much fewer miles than most. It's certainly peace of mind and that car's electronics are so complex I have to believe it was the right choice. The maintenance plan is a no brainer. I already blew through my first big $600 service paying $0.00. It'll pay for itself in no time. The tire/wheel warranty is a must! I have already paid for it in tire and wheel damage with the potholes around here. My right front wheel which was fixed only two months ago is chewed up again. I'll have them repair it in the spring as there is no point doing it now again. I can't believe they even offer such a thing. It's a steal.

By the way, the OEM tires on the car have special foam sound-vibration-deadening insulation inside. Aside from making them very expensive (especially in the 21 inch size), they can't be patched for something as little as a nail. I had the dealer and one tire shop turn me away because of a small screw which would have been patched for $20 on any other car I've ever owned. I even called the tire manufacturer and they verified the fact the tire would have to be replaced for just that slow leak! No problem with the tire insurance otherwise I would have been livid. I highly recommend the insurance!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You should post a picture of your RS7...

The Estoril Blue Crystal is so beautiful. Our S4 is that color with the Black Optic Package... Have you found your paint fragile? I have had nine Audi's and the Estoril Blue scratches and pits easier that any other Audi I have owned. My detailing skills are good, so I know how to manage a sacrificial surface, but this particular clear coat seems very finicky

Happy Motoring

Eric
Old 02-28-2016, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by af11791
Good Evening to all,
I am new to this forum but I figured this was the best place to come for advice for obvious reasons lol. But anyway I had a few questions and concerns in regards to a upcoming purchase. I currently drive a 2008 Lexus ISF. The car has 103,000 miles on it and it's getting to the point where it is giving me small problems here and there. Thankfully it is still under warranty until next month. I am also graduating college in June so I wanted to treat myself to something nice. I am looking into purchasing a 2014 RS7 and getting rid of my ISF. The RS7 has always been a dream car and now I am in a good position to turn that dream into a reality. So for those of you who have had the RS7 for a while, I wanted to ask a few questions.
1. How is the car in terms of reliability?
2. Any thing specific I should look for before making the purchase on a 2014?
3. Does Audi sell extended warranties and is it worth it?
4. Is tire and rim insurance worth it? (NY streets suck)
5. Any other suggestions or advice? (Open to all comments)
Thank you for your time and I look forward becoming a member of the Audi community!
I have a 2014 RS7, and has been very reliable. I have had routine service and one tire replacement. I have the extended warranty and tire and rim insurance. I also live in the NY metro area and bought the winter and tire package to drive in winter. I recommend the tire and rim warranty. Good luck finding the car of your choice....
Old 02-29-2016, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also have a 2014 RS7 with the Audi extended warranty and tire and wheel plan. I have not had any problems calling for dealer maintenance/repair other than the fact I have used the tire plan twice (roads are bad in Cob County, GA).

Enjoy your new car!
Old 03-08-2016, 05:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by WuMu-tien
I also have a 2014 RS7 with the Audi extended warranty and tire and wheel plan. I have not had any problems calling for dealer maintenance/repair other than the fact I have used the tire plan twice (roads are bad in Cob County, GA).

Enjoy your new car!
Did you see a Nogaro Blue RS7 behind you on 75 last week?
Old 03-08-2016, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did not. I was driving downtown very early on Tuesday morning and back north around 1300 or so. I shall keep watch for a Nogaro Blue RS7 in the future. There are not that many of us (yet.)