S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Help me choose

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+1 on the load flexibility of the hatch back. I have a '15 S7, but I really wanted a S6 Avant (or RS6 Avant), but no joy here in the US.

I fit all 4 wheels and tires of my S7 in the hatch with the rear seats down ... not sure you could do that in the A8. It is *almost* as practical as a station wagon except for the height towards the back.

If you envision needing to carry 3 folks in the back regularly, then the A8 is an easier choice. I've occasionally found myself having to take my wife's Passat since the S7 is only a 2 seater in the back.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The S8 was a no go. Smells of cigarettes and has badly repaired wheel damage. Also I'm just not a black on black car kind of guy.

Leaning towards the S7 right now. Can't get over how good looking this car is. I just wish Audi offered more in standard interior options. Between a rather opinionated man and woman, the only common ground we found was in an Audi exclusive interior chestnut brown with alabaster white contrast stitching and Tamo ash trim. Although I'm finding the trim piece a hard $1,600 pill to swallow. The standard ash grey might have to do. This is all on a glacier white car. I think it'll look great but will offset any higher value the S7 might have over the A8 depreciation wise. But whatever. I can't have both so one will do for now!

Other options are the comfort seats -lady wants air conditioned seats and will hear no more of this-, 20" black optics, B&O and cold weather. We live in Minnesota, otherwise that flat bottom thick wheel looks awesome. It's interesting how in the A8 you can get diamond stitching and seat cooling but not in this. I wanted to do a cool exterior color like a goodwood green or something but got vetoed hard. These things were simpler when I was single!

All in all probably a nice build. Probably over optioned too but it's a car we want to keep for 10+ years so I figure get what you want. If all goes according to plan we place the order on the 21st.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dunga186
-lady wants air conditioned seats
Just an FYI. The Audi seats are ventilated and not air conditioned. The fans in the seats pull air away from you and do not blow cold air.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Morbus
Just an FYI. The Audi seats are ventilated and not air conditioned. The fans in the seats pull air away from you and do not blow cold air.
Definitely. Sorry that's what I meant. It's the same technology in my c7 corvette seats. I think works well!
Old 07-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bjterp00
+1 on the load flexibility of the hatch back.
I don't find the listed 24 cubic feet as that usable. On the rare occasion you are moving flat stuff or vacation rectangular bags fine. But I would prefer a trunk for my everyday items like golf clubs. If the clubs fit in sideways I'd be good, but they don't. To me depending on what you are carrying useful capacity is somewhere between 10cu-24cu.

Overall though the term, load flexibility, does seem appropriate.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

I don't know why your clubs don't fit in the trunk. My Titleist staff bag fits in diagonally without the need to remove any of the clubs. I can also get my wife's bag in on top of it. No need to fold the seats or take clubs out of the bags.

I also keep at least one **** bag in the trunk, sometimes as many as 3.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They do fit. Just not as expected from someone coming from a trunk to a hatchback. In my last mid size car I may have gotten 4 bags and 4 jackass friends in the car. Not a chance with this one. The Audi has less useable room.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I have both and I love them both, but it depends on what day it is and how I'm feeling. I'm lucky to be able to walk into my garage and say "what will I drive today?"

And then I get into my TT Roadster. LOL

No one can decide for you, it's a very personal decision.