TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Replacing Drivers Info Display Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Drivers Info Display Cluster

My wife just purchased a 2000 Audi TT roadster in quite good condition. There are a few things that need to be repaired and like her previous Audi an A3, she is aware that parts can be a bit dear. The one that really threw her for a loop was replacing the Drivers Info Display Instrument Cluster. The part that needs replacing is the small digital display between the speedo and the tach. The dealership quoted her $1700.00 - awk! My assumption (right or wrong) would be that that quoted price is for the entire instrument cluster and not the digital display. Does anyone know if just the digital display can be replaced and if so what it is called. There are loads of the entire instrument clusters for sale on eBay and I assumed that one could simply purchase a cluster and remove and replace the digital display. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks in advance for your input. Cheers!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Do a search on quattroworld or fourtitude

Originally Posted by bcmodernist
My wife just purchased a 2000 Audi TT roadster in quite good condition. There are a few things that need to be repaired and like her previous Audi an A3, she is aware that parts can be a bit dear. The one that really threw her for a loop was replacing the Drivers Info Display Instrument Cluster. The part that needs replacing is the small digital display between the speedo and the tach. The dealership quoted her $1700.00 - awk! My assumption (right or wrong) would be that that quoted price is for the entire instrument cluster and not the digital display. Does anyone know if just the digital display can be replaced and if so what it is called. There are loads of the entire instrument clusters for sale on eBay and I assumed that one could simply purchase a cluster and remove and replace the digital display. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks in advance for your input. Cheers!
There are several companies you can mail it to for a rebuild for a few hundred $. The cluster is one integrated circuit board. Swapping parts is not recommended. Repair/replace the entire cluster.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you kindly for the wonderful suggestion - it sounds like pulling the cluster and sending it off for repair is the way to go. Thank you for taking the time to share your wisdom. Cheers from Canada!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

be aware as there is a certain simple procedure required when removing the unit + of course never power up when its out. i need mine done as well, who are you guys using for the repair