VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

paging braketracer...follow up on thread below about cam sensor code

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paging braketracer...follow up on thread below about cam sensor code

Mechanic claimed to have solved the problem by taking the cams out and "flushing" em...something about pumping the oil out the back? It was something to that effect anyway.

This unexpectedly made the cam sensor codes dissapear. Car idles smoother now, BUT, threw us a curve ball and is now giving a misfire on all cylinders on the driver side, 4 5 6 i think (on the A4 B5 2.8). Its also giving the P0300 random misfiring code. Changed the plugs but still the same.

He definately has the camshaft tool - and claims to have checked the teeth three times. So he is positive they are not off. Asked me to take the car, and come back on monday. So here's the deal:

1) Car idles less roughly than before, but still feel vibrations. Idles at 550~600.

2) Still feels muffled/starved when accelerating.

3) CEL flashes at low rpms (1000~1500) and during acceleration. Mechanic claims it is safe to drive for the weekend?!?!

4) Car still rumbles and shakes at low rpm - especially 5th gear. Btw...this is an automatic.

He claims we are close to fixing it, I am convinced the timing is STILL off somewhere. What do you think? Btw- thanks for the time - don't mean to come off as demanding brat.