I'm having a weird Idle issue, anyone have any input?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm having a weird Idle issue, anyone have any input?

So I went to weld a nut to my rear diff fill bolt today (It had previously been stripped) Disconnected the battery, and the computer, and I went to work. I ended up not finishing due to needing a grinder, so I let her down, reconnected the battery and computer, and took her for a ride.

Immediately I realized that whenever I brake, the car drops to 3-500 RPM, vibrates and almost stalls, then bounces and rises back up to ~900 RPM.

I searched around and found a few answers, so i went back and checked all the wiring (for the computer and all of the MAF wiring) Disconnected the battery for half an hour, reconnected it, and tried the throttle body alignment immediately multiple times. I went in with one problem, and now I have two

Can anyone help me out here?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: I'm having a weird Idle issue, anyone have any input?

Don't know if this will help, but I know of some guys who had this problem due to faulty CVT valve bodies...
Old 02-25-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: I'm having a weird Idle issue, then engine hunts.

I have had a A4 1.8 exec for 6 months. The used car dealer helped with most of the problems. The throttle body was service by an Audi workshop in an attempt to rectify the following. Once in 3 or 4 weeks the car will not idle when cold, then on the road at normal operating temp. I would sense the car jerking as if the accelerator pedal was being pumped. On depressing the clutch you would see the engine rpm varying from idle to 3000 rpm. After switching the ignition off for 30secs and then restarting all would be back to normal for another 3 to 4 weeks. The common opinion is replace throttle body. Surely a faulty part would be faulty all the time. Any suggestions woould be welcome as the suggested remedy would in RSA cost at least 50% of montly salary.