Turbo spoolin'?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo spoolin'?

Hey guys/gals....New to Audi..new to twin turbos...not so new to boosted in general...I have always been fond of the turbo spoolin' sound...Id like to amp it up a little without any CEL's or running issues...What can i do to open my 2003 Allroad up a little?

I searched around and I guess im the only one dumb enough to not know HAHA Again....im new -.- haha
Old 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Adding a chip will increase the boost level and make the turbos more audible. We have them available below.

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Or some people add a open element filter in replacement of the air box ( hot air intake) which will increase sound as well.

Jason
Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yeah thats how I used to do it in the past...I know it sounds sorta ricer'ish lol but well I enjoy the audio HAHA...and Im not looking to upgrade the performance to much...I def do not need Cel's...Thanks for your help
Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DDAMANTI
yeah thats how I used to do it in the past...I know it sounds sorta ricer'ish lol but well I enjoy the audio HAHA...and Im not looking to upgrade the performance to much...I def do not need Cel's...Thanks for your help
Yeah don't chip it yet. Wait until you get K04's to do all that. Also you'd probably want to plan on getting a new Trans/Clutch with the chip as that will die first. Here are some lil things you can do that wont set off a CEL

1.) Get New Diverter Valves, forge 007's or the APR's are good.

2.) Get the Intake manifold power gasket. Makes the intake air cooler.

3.) Exhaust System, either a new one or gut the cats and trick the o2's with a spark plug anti fouler and moving them. (like piggie pipes)

4.) Get light weight Crank Pulley, P/S Pulley & Alternator
Pulley's

5.) APR Bi Pipe. Deletes Throttle Body Boot & bolts directly onto throttle body. Instead of two plastic Bi-Pipes you have one intake pipe into the throttle body that's made of a heat dispersing alloy rather than plastic. Best mod I've ever done, the turbo's lag less & boost way faster.

6.) Use silicon hoses to replace the upper Intake hose, upper & lower intercooler hoses. Silicon disperses heat better than rubber.

7.) Get some of that heat shield tape and tape up in a way to keep heat away from anywhere but the engine

8.) K & N Filter or course, although it may mess your MAF up (thus causing a CEL) I personally see no point in a cold air intake since this engine has a nice snorkel to take in cold air from the grill. Drop in K & N is sufficient.

Before you even think of wasting $ on any of those mods, make sure all your basics are covered:
Crank Case Breather Hose is OK, Aux Water pump OK, Timing belt & such, Valve cover gaskets, CCT seals, Cam plugs, MAF problems etc. Once your clear on all fronts proceed to mod! I guarantee everything I listed will not throw a CEL.

Then one day when your ready, get K04 turbo's, Big Turbo Fuel Injectors, Big Boy Fuel pump & of course a chip. Then you'll be in a 400hp + car !