Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 SQ5 Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 2019 SQ5 Ordered

I can't remember where I posted we placed an order for a 2019 SQ5 last Friday. Today we got the paperwork from the dealer showing the order has been accepted. That's not why I'm writing. I'm posting to give you the logistics.

Production, week 42.

Delivery, Thanksgiving.

2019 SQ5:

Prestige
Mythos Black
Magma Red
Carbon Fiber trim
Cold Weather
Sport Package
20" Wheels
Audi First Aid Kit
Audi Beam Rings

Trading in the 2018 SQ5 which is approaching 30,000 miles (worth $42,000). Not one issue with it. My wife fell in love with the air suspension option and says, "Life's too short" (to not have the air-suspension); it doesn't hurt that she wants the red brake calipers, too. The SD is icing.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
I can't remember where I posted we placed an order for a 2019 SQ5 last Friday. Today we got the paperwork from the dealer showing the order has been accepted. That's not why I'm writing. I'm posting to give you the logistics.

Production, week 42.

Delivery, Thanksgiving.

2019 SQ5:

Prestige
Mythos Black
Magma Red
Carbon Fiber trim
Cold Weather
Sport Package
20" Wheels
Audi First Aid Kit
Audi Beam Rings

Trading in the 2018 SQ5 which is approaching 30,000 miles (worth $42,000). Not one issue with it. My wife fell in love with the air suspension option and says, "Life's too short" (to not have the air-suspension); it doesn't hurt that she wants the red brake calipers, too. The SD is icing.
Remove the first aid kit and beam rings. They’re significantly cheaper to buy them from the dealer IIRC.

I’m trading my 2018 also (electrical issue). My 2019 is almost identical except black seats and black optics I believe. I’m week 39. Not sure how you have a more specific delivery time, mine is Nov 7-Nov 27.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Done, going with dealer installed. Thanks.

We got a "delivery probably the week before Thanksgiving email from our long-time rep. If it turns out to be a bit earlier or later, no biggie.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Done, going with dealer installed. Thanks.

We got a "delivery probably the week before Thanksgiving email from our long-time rep. If it turns out to be a bit earlier or later, no biggie.
There was a post on here about some Amazon ring lights not long ago for cheap. Check it out if you can find it
Old 08-15-2018, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats. I was also thinking of doing the same but how does it work if the dealer doesn't know the MSRP/invoice yet? Do you just put a refundable deposit down? When does it become non-refundable? Do you agree now to just pay invoice or negotiate down once the numbers are known? Sorry if this is an inappropriate question.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:31 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Production, week 42.

Delivery, Thanksgiving.

2019 SQ5:

Prestige
Mythos Black
Magma Red
Carbon Fiber trim
Cold Weather
Sport Package
20" Wheels
Audi First Aid Kit
Audi Beam Rings

Curious... what did you originally pay for the ‘18 that is now worth $42,000?
Old 08-16-2018, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TYJ

Curious... what did you originally pay for the ‘18 that is now worth $42,000?
$61,900 MSRP minus 6% and minus a $1,000 Audi loyalty discount. Car has close to 29K miles on it, now entering month 15.

Also, answering the question above about not knowing the MSRP -- the order can be placed and will be accepted, despite no MSRP details. Second and more important point: Don't put a deposit down. You will ONLY be asked for a deposit if you are ordering an Audi Exclusive color -- say Purple Pearl or Candy Orange or Hot Pink. Otherwise, ordering a car (a SOLD order) is, for most dealers, a very good thing, even if you don't take the thing when it arrives. An ordered car can be sold to someone else, dealer traded and can contribute to the dealer's "allocation" (future availability of cars).

If you are a first-time Audi buyer or first-timer with THAT dealer, the only reason they're asking for a deposit (refundable) is to make sure you're not wasting their time. Even if you put $500 down, you are not obligated (unless, as I noted, your order is a "purple squirrel" and unlikely to be easily sold or traded to someone else -- then, there will likely be an agreement that details that your deposit is non-refundable.) My dealer said our order is "normal" and good for inventory even if we don't take it upon arrival. We've ordered virtually all of our cars and have never had to put a deposit down. This ordered SQ5 is #34.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Air suspension is definitely my favorite thing about my SQ5. I'm at 20k miles now and have found it to be an excellent crossover. Admittedly though I will be trading it in next year and going back to a sedan. I miss the low center of gravity feel.

Personally I would have waited for a facelift if I was going SQ5 again.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by damnitBobby
Air suspension is definitely my favorite thing about my SQ5. I'm at 20k miles now and have found it to be an excellent crossover. Admittedly though I will be trading it in next year and going back to a sedan. I miss the low center of gravity feel.

Personally I would have waited for a facelift if I was going SQ5 again.
That's what I said, but my wife said: "Then I would have driven an SQ5 without the benefit of the air-suspension for that length of time."
Old 08-17-2018, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. i thought i had a high mileage SQ5. 12 months at 21k miles.

Quick Reply: 2019 SQ5 Ordered