Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 SQ5 Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

She's piling on the miles. I think that is one reason she is willing to trade this early this time. The highway (Interstate 71) between Cincinnati and Columbus (200-mile round trip) is, um, "horrible." It is moon-cratered and the potholes are so bad, we try to never drive after dark so at least we have a fighting chance of missing these tire and wheel killers. That's another reason we didn't even consider the 21" wheels -- they are harsh riding (comparatively), noisy, snow tires and A/S tires are rare, tread life is low and they increase the unsprung weight of the car. Hopefully, when we're on I-71, we can set the air-suspension to Comfort and "enjoy" a more pleasant ride.

Then the rest of the time, she would keep it in dynamic thus lowering the car, improving the mileage, and making it handle better.

We didn't go for the air-suspension on th 2018 SQ5 prestige due to a concern about the durability of the hardware. We're thinking we'll keep this SQ5 over 90,000 miles (as we did with the 2014 SQ5), so this early trade is being contemplated as a "necessity" due to the circumstances I described.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
...we can set the air-suspension to Comfort and "enjoy" a more pleasant ride.
Once you go dynamic, you never go back to 'comfort"!
Old 08-18-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Cabal_san
Once you go dynamic, you never go back to 'comfort"!
Well, she had the car for a couple of days to test drive it -- she kept it in dynamic the whole time. But, on our weekly trips to Columbus from Cincinnati (and back), there are sections of I-71 that are so rough they losen your fillings. The thought is that we'd have the thing in dynamic for 65 miles and comfort for 35 miles or so where the roads are just plain crappy. She loved dynamic and, well, she may change her mind. We'll probably test it and see which way we prefer.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did the vehicle arrive yet?!

Hi Mark:

That looks like an awesome build. My question to you is, have you received your car yet? I live in California and as far as I can tell, the 2019s have not begun to ship and there is no information on when, or even if, they will.

Thanks!

David

I can't remember where I posted we placed an order for a 2019 SQ5 last Friday. Today we got the paperwork from the dealer showing the order has been accepted. That's not why I'm writing. I'm posting to give you the logistics.

Production, week 42.

Delivery, Thanksgiving.

2019 SQ5:

Prestige
Mythos Black
Magma Red
Carbon Fiber trim
Cold Weather
Sport Package
20" Wheels
Audi First Aid Kit
Audi Beam Rings

Trading in the 2018 SQ5 which is approaching 30,000 miles (worth $42,000). Not one issue with it. My wife fell in love with the air suspension option and says, "Life's too short" (to not have the air-suspension); it doesn't hurt that she wants the red brake calipers, too. The SD is icing.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are a first-time Audi buyer or first-timer with THAT dealer, the only reason they're asking for a deposit (refundable) is to make sure you're not wasting their time. Even if you put $500 down, you are not obligated (unless, as I noted, your order is a "purple squirrel" and unlikely to be easily sold or traded to someone else -- then, there will likely be an agreement that details that your deposit is non-refundable.) My dealer said our order is "normal" and good for inventory even if we don't take it upon arrival. We've ordered virtually all of our cars and have never had to put a deposit down.
I'm a first-time Audi buyer and first-timer with the dealer. They asked me for $2,500 non-refundable deposit on custom order A5 Sportback.
Should I be concerned with this number?
Old 12-17-2018, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 395 Likes on 280 Posts

I put down $1,000 non-refundable. $2,500 seems excessive to me and would make me pause. If dealer reviews on Google and Yelp are stellar AND I didn't have a better option, then I would probably do it. Make sure you get in writing exactly what your agreement is.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have never put a deposit on an ordered car including Porsche, MB AMG and Audi's. Unless you're putting something strange on the car that would make it less likely to sell to someone else, like custom color that was mentioned to a strange combo of accessories there is no cause for a deposit. Or don't get insulted, your credit might be poor or weak which to the dealer raises a flag. But then again, if you're serious and the dealer has a good track record what's to lose? However, I'd put a time limit on it, if the car is delayed you should get your deposit back.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Anyone received the 2019 SQ5 yet?

Has anybody received their vehicle yet? If not, has anyone heard what is causing the delay? Seems very suspicious to me...

Thanks!

David

Originally Posted by Tirgoman
I have never put a deposit on an ordered car including Porsche, MB AMG and Audi's. Unless you're putting something strange on the car that would make it less likely to sell to someone else, like custom color that was mentioned to a strange combo of accessories there is no cause for a deposit. Or don't get insulted, your credit might be poor or weak which to the dealer raises a flag. But then again, if you're serious and the dealer has a good track record what's to lose? However, I'd put a time limit on it, if the car is delayed you should get your deposit back.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by David Riberi
Has anybody received their vehicle yet? If not, has anyone heard what is causing the delay? Seems very suspicious to me...

Thanks!

David

We have been waiting for a 2019 SQ5 since June (2018 order was converted to a 2019). Dealer email yesterday says "All Q5 and SQ5 with trailer hitch option being held for programming issue" and to expect delay to last into January. So IF you have the hitch option (our does), that might explain your delay.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Where are the 2019 Q5 and SQ5?

Thanks, AviatorX.

Has anyone else received their vehicle? I don’t believe ANY of them are shipping but I would love to be proved wrong. Right now I’m driving a crappy rental car and wondering if I should just buy a 2018?!

Thanks again...

Originally Posted by AviatorX
We have been waiting for a 2019 SQ5 since June (2018 order was converted to a 2019). Dealer email yesterday says "All Q5 and SQ5 with trailer hitch option being held for programming issue" and to expect delay to last into January. So IF you have the hitch option (our does), that might explain your delay.

Quick Reply: 2019 SQ5 Ordered