A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

2019 Allroad Delays?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I’m not a huge fan of the wheels on the press shots of the face lifted allroad. But I think there are some nice details on the refresh. I like the integrated “quattro” script in the side sills, and I think the new grill is pretty cool. I can already tell that the majority of the body panels are different in this facelift. At least they kept real exhaust tips, though I like the current round ones better.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally they got rid of that stupid dial and went with a touch screen. The A4 has finally caught up with my 2016 VW. Imagine if the iPad had been released with a dial you had to turn and depress to select things. I can't believe it's taken Audi this long to make this change. It still doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as the setup in the A6, but it's a move in the right direction.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless I'm mistaken, the 2019 allroad was only added to fueleconomy.gov within the past week or so. I wonder if this means we'll see a short '19 model year run?
Old 05-20-2019, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisM
Unless I'm mistaken, the 2019 allroad was only added to fueleconomy.gov within the past week or so. I wonder if this means we'll see a short '19 model year run?
Wow, I’ve been checking weekly and it just showed up. Must be a very small run of 2019s. Probably ones that were ordered and already sitting at port.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandelay
Wow, I’ve been checking weekly and it just showed up. Must be a very small run of 2019s. Probably ones that were ordered and already sitting at port.
Does this mean that the hold on production and imports to the US is finally lifted? Why would one for for the 19 over the newer 2020 if those are coming this year too?
Old 05-23-2019, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencer518
Finally they got rid of that stupid dial and went with a touch screen. The A4 has finally caught up with my 2016 VW. Imagine if the iPad had been released with a dial you had to turn and depress to select things. I can't believe it's taken Audi this long to make this change. It still doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as the setup in the A6, but it's a move in the right direction.
I used to agree with you 100% that but now that I am used to the dial, I prefer it day to day. The tactile feeling, the metal clicks are very satisfying and honestly I find it much easier to use while driving. Not to mention not having to deal with greasy *** screen in the sunlight. That said I agree with you that it is hard to believe that my 2018 vehicle doesn't have a damn touch screen. My 2011 F150 had a damn touch screen. The only time I really wish it had it is when using android auto but I only really use that on longer trips when I need Waze.

Odis,
Honestly I think the 2020s are hideous. Audi lost their chief designer and it shows. The whole design is a lot more curvy and less sharp. The DRLs look like eyelashes and the S4 got the worst of it with bumpers that look like chrome braces glued on and the hole along the hood line?? Finally call me old fashion but I like real metal exhaust tips. I know they are gearing up for electrification but I'll hold on a long as I can.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Turboale
I used to agree with you 100% that but now that I am used to the dial, I prefer it day to day. The tactile feeling, the metal clicks are very satisfying and honestly I find it much easier to use while driving. Not to mention not having to deal with greasy *** screen in the sunlight. That said I agree with you that it is hard to believe that my 2018 vehicle doesn't have a damn touch screen. My 2011 F150 had a damn touch screen. The only time I really wish it had it is when using android auto but I only really use that on longer trips when I need Waze.

Odis,
Honestly I think the 2020s are hideous. Audi lost their chief designer and it shows. The whole design is a lot more curvy and less sharp. The DRLs look like eyelashes and the S4 got the worst of it with bumpers that look like chrome braces glued on and the hole along the hood line?? Finally call me old fashion but I like real metal exhaust tips. I know they are gearing up for electrification but I'll hold on a long as I can.
I am just hoping they get their act together and actually bring some kind of avant or allroad over to the states this year. It is ridiculous how long this is taking. They have completely ignored the avant demographic here in the states. It's pretty easy right now to go to multiple BMW dealers and still get the 3 series wagon albeit this is the last run for them. And it is tempting to ordering the V60 which delivery is reliably about 3 months. I think we could even get V60 cross country before any kind of allroad shows up here. Audi is potentially losing a lot of loyal customers to Volvo who is that are committed to this market.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Odis
I am just hoping they get their act together and actually bring some kind of avant or allroad over to the states this year. It is ridiculous how long this is taking. They have completely ignored the avant demographic here in the states. It's pretty easy right now to go to multiple BMW dealers and still get the 3 series wagon albeit this is the last run for them. And it is tempting to ordering the V60 which delivery is reliably about 3 months. I think we could even get V60 cross country before any kind of allroad shows up here. Audi is potentially losing a lot of loyal customers to Volvo who is that are committed to this market.
Some numby convinced Audi that station wagons are dead. I can't see the attraction of SUVs: sit higher, don't handle as well, carry less; but that's all I see any more. Well, nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

I have been looking at the the pre-release photos of the 2020 Audis and so I will be keeping my 2017 Allroad forever.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an update, my Allroad landed at the Benicia port on 5/17 and has been sitting there for two weeks. Still no update from my dealership on when it will be released to the carrier.... Anybody else hear anything?
Old 05-31-2019, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dgrunat
As an update, my Allroad landed at the Benicia port on 5/17 and has been sitting there for two weeks. Still no update from my dealership on when it will be released to the carrier.... Anybody else hear anything?
That is great news! When did you order it? I've heard from s dealer that some were getting loaded on the ship, but have no ETA on when they will hit the states. So it sounds like there is some movement now finally.

Quick Reply: 2019 Allroad Delays?