A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Allroad Sales Figure (May and YTD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I think the AR is unique enough looking to have some people take a second or third look. I'm also betting that most would enjoy the handling also. I understand why some others - like your friends said that; especially if you are single and no kids. It's a great choice for those wanting most of the handling - and in some ways better than the A4, with added space and utility and way more luxury than let's say the Outback - which itself is kinda a cross between a wagon and an SUV.. They can't sell what they don't have on hand - at least not in any significant numbers.
A lot of my friends love the Allroad when they see it. The most common comment is that they did not know that Audi did such sporty version of a SW. With that said, a lot of them like SUVs because they are much higher and feel "big"... they say they feel safer if they "stand out" and can see above other cars.

I know we say that the volume of SW sales in the US is low, but it would probably still be bigger than in a lot of other countries where Audi sells the A4/S4 SW (e.g. Australia)... I mean, they already bring the Allroad which share a lot with the A4s, why not bring the SW / S4-SW ? They do that in Australia...
Old 06-04-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Allroad sales in the US doubled (2,264) or tripled (3,396), both probably a stretch, Q5 sales (21.249) would still continue to move along with 20%-30% annual gains. Throw in the Q3 (7,345 sales thru May) which is due for an update and it seems like a tough case to make for dealerships to keep more in inventory. I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will happen.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
If Allroad sales in the US doubled (2,264) or tripled (3,396), both probably a stretch, Q5 sales (21.249) would still continue to move along with 20%-30% annual gains. Throw in the Q3 (7,345 sales thru May) which is due for an update and it seems like a tough case to make for dealerships to keep more in inventory. I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will happen.
I don't see Allroad sales - even under above scenario - double or triple sales, to make a dent in the Q5 sales, but they would simply sell more units of an Audi - in this case the Allroad, as opposed to having those potential customers buy a Volvo, BMW, MB wagon - or even the ever popular Subaru Outback (which seems to be responding by upping its game with a semi/luxury 3.6 Touting model)
Old 07-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was speaking with the manager about things. Then my Allroad rolled out and he was asking me how I liked it and that they can't sell them because they simply don't have them in stock for people to see them, let alone drive them.
Is this the case with most dealerships? I anticipated ordering in order to get exactly what I want, but am I not going to be able to test drive before hand?
Old 07-04-2017, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Milt
Is this the case with most dealerships? I anticipated ordering in order to get exactly what I want, but am I not going to be able to test drive before hand?
I would hope so, but I have no idea of current dealer stock. It's certainly a question for your dealership - or ask other dealers in a reasonable vicinity.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Besides small group of fans (Like us here) GENERIC american does not like wagon. Not sure what is the reason behind it but there are MANY studies about it and its a fact. Generic american like SUV and as of late Crossover, which is NOT an SUV made look like SUV.
So we can mull it over and over but there probably not gonna be many more wagons on the road anytime soon.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Uncle Milt
I struggled with the same thing. You might be able to find one using the search on cars.com since that will generally show up available models in dealerships within a specified range.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see Allroad sales - even under above scenario - double or triple sales, to make a dent in the Q5 sales, but they would simply sell more units of an Audi - in this case the Allroad, as opposed to having those potential customers buy a Volvo, BMW, MB wagon - or even the ever popular Subaru Outback (which seems to be responding by upping its game with a semi/luxury 3.6 Touting model)
The new Jaguar wagon also looks to be a strong competitor although it would probably compete more against the A6 Avant (that we don't get) and the Volvo V90 from a pricing perspective.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

A new Volvo V60 is due next year, and it is designed to compete directly against the A4 Avant and Allroad (in Cross Country guise). Assuming that Volvo doesn't hold the second-gen V60 back from North America for 3 years like they did last time around, it'll be interesting to see the effect of actual competition in the luxury compact wagon segment.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Volvo is so far behind in the luxury segment I find it difficult to believe they'll make any headway against a major class leader like anything Audi has in the A/S series.

Quick Reply: Allroad Sales Figure (May and YTD)