A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Any Xbox groupies here? (look, someone used the off-topic feature! :-P)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 12:29 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Xbox groupies here? (look, someone used the off-topic feature! :-P)

Okay, I went to a friends place last weekend and I was playing GT3. I had tons of fun (this coming from someone who doesn't normally play video games, and has never owned a console gaming system). I especially liked the rally courses...I could throw the car into a slide and pull it out very predictably!

So now I decide..."I want"...I boiled it down to PS2 and Xbox. PS2 has more and better games currently, Xbox has better hardware, with games slowly being released. I picked up the Xbox, and Project Gotham, Rallysport Challenge, Halo, and F1 looked kinda interesting too.

My question is how do the car driving games on Xbox compare to PS2 games? I'm interested in how close the games on one platform vs. the other come to "virtual driving" (racing simulator).

BTW, watching the replays on PS2 seemed like a dumb feature, but in practice, it was great! I could see everything I did (right and wrong) on the replay.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Xbox dosent have anything as in depth as GT3, yet, there are some good driving games but there more

along the lines of mission oriented and shooting type games, i'm sure Xbox is trying to share in the licensing for GT4 so there is hope, until then i'm sticking with PS2 ;-)
Old 03-08-2002, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Go to ign.com and watch movies of MotoGP2 and Rallysport Challenge...

...theyre pretty amazing. I was a hardcore PlayStation guy, and I dumped my PS2 for an XBOX based on what I think the future will hold. Right now, PS2 still has the lead because of the better software selection...but I think its going to be a different story a year from now. Microsoft jumped out of the gates much harder than Sony did with the PS2. I hope the trend continues...

I'm picking up Rallysport Challenge after work today, which looks like the first real driving game for XBox. Cant wait to check it out!
Old 03-08-2002, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

gotham racing was sorta cool... you get points for drifting... cool...