A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Articles for home page

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-1999, 07:23 PM
Matt Daniels

Default Articles for home page

I wanted to let everybody know that we are welcoming submissions for articles for the home page. If you have something that you think would make a good article, a club event, etc, please submit it to us and we'll most likely get it online within a week or so.<p>Currently, I wouldn't mind having an article or two about some heavily modified A4's (Cameron, you listening?). <p>So, if you have a good story or article idea that you would like to write up, please feel free to sent it to us and we'll get it online.<p>Matt
Old 05-06-1999, 08:45 PM
Stu Koch

You sure do! That Y2K article is definitly stretching the definition of 'news'! (Just Kidding!!!!)
Old 05-06-1999, 10:21 PM
Lucas

Default Re: Articles for home page

Having work over the past 12 months on various Y2K projects, i find that statement by Audi about the TT, totally inadequate. Simply stating that it has a 4 digit year display and implying that thet there is no problem show me that the person who wrote that statement has no idea of what the Y2K problem is to start with.<br>The Y2K problem is not wether 2 or 4 digits are used in the Year, but problems originate when clock/year counters count over certain dates.<br>It is proved that systems with 4 digit year codes fail in Y2K testing. The First impact datye of Y2K is Sept 9 1999, and then ther is the Leap year in Feb going over to march.<br>Audi's new VAG tool runs on a PC, the PC and its OS will have Y2K problems. So how can a High level vendor certify a product that is dependant on a low level non Y2K compliant product?<br>Any way as far as our cars are concerned, i do nopt believe we have a problem, how ever there is a build of a series 5 BMW that does have a Y2K issue!<br>But at least Audi has stated no problems, so if we find one later, we can take on Audi legally now to cover costs.<br>