A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

The Audi Test drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-1999, 03:11 PM
Matt Daniels

Default The Audi Test drive

I saw this posted on the Quattro list today and figured that you guys would enjoy it. The story in todays Hartford Courant, which I believe is a Connecticut news paper.<p><b>Teen's Day Ends In Birthday Suit And A Stolen Car </b><p>By TRACY GORDON FOX <br>This story ran in the Courant June 15, 1999<p>What do you do when your teenage son arrives home from a rock concert naked, driving an expensive car you've never seen before? <p>James Michael Lee's father thought it best to call the police. <p>The confused father told officers his son had just pulled into the driveway about 11:30 p.m. Sunday sans clothing or shoes, but with a 1998 Audi that did not belong to them. <p>It turned out that the 18-year-old Lee needed some wheels to make the nearly 60-mile drive home to Ridgefield from East Haddam, where he had been with his friends at an all-day rock and zydeco concert at Sunrise Resort. <p>The day of partying, which included some hallucinogenic mushrooms, had apparently left him disoriented and he passed out. When he woke up, he tromped through the woods and sloshed through a cove. Emerging from the water, he shed his clothes and kept walking, police said. <p>He came out of the woods at Cove Road where he began looking for a way home, police said. <p>Neighbors noticed a naked man walking around earlier in the evening, but did not call the police. <p> No one saw him enter a house on Cove Road by breaking in through the rear door, apparently after tripping over and breaking some plastic lawn furniture in the backyard. He also took a beer from a refrigerator and rummaged through some drawers before finding a key to the Audi, police said. <p>Then he drove home, naked. Police said they were perplexed that Lee stole only a baseball bat, no clothes, money or jewelry, from the house. <p>When he arrived at his father's front door naked, his father, George Lee, thought at first it was a prank. Then he saw the car. <p>``I said, `Wait a minute. You can't go to bed. There's a stolen car here,' '' said George Lee, who said he was speaking in his son's behalf.<ul><li><a href="http://www.courant.com/news/article/ctnews8.stm">http://www.courant.com/news/article/ctnews8.stm</a></li></ul>
Old 06-15-1999, 03:15 PM
tk2x

Default The kid has good taste...

bet that leather feels good when you're naked....
Old 06-15-1999, 03:22 PM
KurtW

I hate it when I do those things too. So embarrasing. 8^)
Old 06-15-1999, 03:27 PM
qt4lddht

Temporary Insanity, I'm guessing?
Old 06-15-1999, 03:45 PM
Roger B

Just say no!
Old 06-15-1999, 03:55 PM

probably stole one with the winter package, mmm, heated seats
Old 06-15-1999, 06:39 PM
Zonk

Default Re: The kid has good taste...

My sentiments exactly. Even when you are impaired, the A4 has appeal.
Old 06-16-1999, 05:21 AM
Sam

911 on the Leather Cleaner - UGH!
Old 06-16-1999, 07:43 AM
nealr

He just got confused when someone asked if he had an innie or an audi....HA!