A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Which is better? Neuspeed chip or Wett? Also, anyone have aftermarket (Classic Soft Trim) co. reupholster seats with leather?nt.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-1999, 09:31 PM
ChrisW.

Default Which is better? Neuspeed chip or Wett? Also, anyone have aftermarket (Classic Soft Trim) co. reupholster seats with leather?nt.

<br>nt
Old 01-25-1999, 10:16 PM
Larry V

Default Re: Which is better? Neuspeed chip or Wett? Also, anyone have aftermarket (Classic Soft Trim) co. reupholster seats with leather?nt.

What part of the country are you in? I can recommend an upholsterer in the greater Boston area, (the one who did my upholstery to match my Recaros).
Old 01-25-1999, 10:36 PM
Leo

Wett is the Audi of the chips and Neuspeed is the Dodge Neon
Old 01-26-1999, 05:12 AM
Andy Hedin

Ahhh, the great chip debate: No definitive answer as to which is *best*. I have Wett though &amp; I love it!
Old 01-26-1999, 05:39 AM
Chris L.

I think the better analogy is Wett=Audi, Neuspeed=VW
Old 01-26-1999, 06:40 AM
MartinR

Default Hoppen - MTM

I think Hoppen- MTM chip is better - My opinion. I have MTM stage 1 and am very happy with it.<br>The dealer mechanic has driven my car and a Neuspeed one and says MTM is much better - I have never driven a Wett or TAP though.
Old 01-26-1999, 06:47 AM
Luv my Neuspeed chip

Default Sounds like someone is just mad they spent $700 on a $100 chip

NT
Old 01-26-1999, 06:57 AM
ChrisW.

re: seats...LarryV...Texas, San Antone to b exact. My salesman told me no co. could do it due to side bags. True or no?
Old 01-26-1999, 07:07 AM
Andy Hedin

Default Not true...

Someone on the 1.8T mailing list (he actually has a Passat 1.8T) had his seats reupholstered in leather and they were able to do it even though his car has side airbags. They apparently developed some sort of stitching process which does not interfere with the side airbags deploying. I'm afraid I do not remember the name of the company that has this feature, but it is possible to do.<p>Andy Hedin<br>'97 A4 1.8Tqms, Wett 1.0 Bar Chip, ABT Filter, Euro Headlights with<br>PIAA SuperWhite's, A!AvantGarde Grill, Smoked Side-Markers,<br>Clear Corner-Markers, Tint<br>
Old 01-26-1999, 07:43 AM
ChrisW.

Default Re: Not true...Hey Andy, you have a pic. of your A4 you could post? Cheaper to buy 2.8 seats or aftermarket?

There's a local company called Classic Soft Trim (they're actually a national company), that can do it for bout $1200.

Quick Reply: Which is better? Neuspeed chip or Wett? Also, anyone have aftermarket (Classic Soft Trim) co. reupholster seats with leather?nt.