A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Blue Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-1998, 12:00 PM
Jeff M

Default Scary blue lights!!!

Let me get this straight John. I have demonstrated that I know nothing at all about the benefit that true Xenons give and that I care only about the supposed "snob appeal" of Xenons. Further, I am willing to break the law and create a driving hazard in the name of STYLE--that is until I get busted (as well I should).<p>I have also not done myself or my fellow drivers and favors? <p>How is it you know so much about me to make these generalizations?<p>In your mind, there is no way that I bought these lights to see better? If it's working, then I would say I did do myself and my fellow drivers a favor.
Old 12-03-1998, 03:11 PM
Kevin S

Default Jeff M

Without trying to sound snooty, dude you should read the lighting FAQ presented on this great site.<p>I live in Toronto, Canada. Yellow is not illegal here. The officers here allow a car to have only amber/yellow or white lighting at the front of the car. At the rear they allow amber/yellow and red.<p>Putting a blue neon license plate frame on the back of your car will get you a citation.<p>I was not intending to offend you by mentioning that SUVs and MiniVans have blue lights, but was merely trying to make a point that performance minded enthusiats would not do this type of mod.<p>If you read the FAQ, it will make sense as to why.<p>Sorry again if I am coming off a little condescending.<p>Kev<br>1990 Jetta GTX w/VR6 swap<br>99.5 1.8TQMS due in March
Old 12-03-1998, 05:51 PM
Kevin S

If it's white light with a little blue thrown in then it's still white light.
Old 12-03-1998, 06:02 PM
Kevin S

Default Re: Look at me I'm a snob

<br>Sorry dude, but I seriously doubt that you have better visibility because your bulbs are blue. It's probably due to the higher wattage.<p>I would be willing to accept this if you said I tried BOTH higher wattage blue bulbs AND higher wattage white bulbs AND the blue bulbs were better.<p>I dunno... If you have experience with all shades of bulbs (blue, white, and yellow) all at the same wattage, then I could say, "This man has a case".<p>However, until you try all the bulbs like I have, I wouldn't go around saying that blue bulbs are better than white or yellow.<p>Sorry if this sounds nasty, but I think you NEED to read the FAQ and do a few experiments.<p>Kevin<br>