A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Condensation on inside of front windshield

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2000, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Condensation on inside of front windshield

Hi All

Yesterday, I drove in a raging downpour (and after a few times where I almost hydroplaned, was happy to have the Quattro!). We had about 3 inches of rain yesterday (I live in Albany, NY).

At any rate, I didn't drive the car today, and it was relatively sunny outside. I looked out the window, and noticed that there was considerable condensation on the inside of the front windshield. Went outside, turned on the AC and the defroster, and it was gone in a minute or so.

Anything I should worry about? Could it be a seal or something on the windshield that is leaky? Annoying to have this happen after only having the car for two months

Oh yes, I usually drive with the AC on in the summer.

TIA<p>Ruth
Old 07-16-2000, 07:34 PM

Default Probably nothing to worry about...

I occasionally will get condensation on the inside windows given the right conditions. This has happened to me before ... but when it happens almost every other car in the parking lot has the same condensation inside the windows.

Since the air had been pretty moist the other day... the air may have just cooled off a bit overnight (or during the day) and caused the water vapour to condense a bit.

Unless it seems to be a recurring problem, I wouldn't worry about it. If nothing else inside the vehicle seemed damp, you're probably fine.

In any case, cars are not totally sealed and I imagine moisture can probably travel through the air vents, door/window seals, etc. If you didn't notice anything odd during the downpour, things are probably good.<p>Wayne H.
99 1.8TQMS APR
Old 07-17-2000, 06:33 PM

Default Thanks

I was used to a problem with some cars where I knew the seal was broken, but it disturbed me that it happened so early on a new car. I'll wait and see what happens, and report it to the dealer (I'm beginning to make a list ) when I take it in for the 5K service.<p>Ruth