A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

customer service leaves a lot to be desired (long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-1999, 02:21 PM
Bill

Default customer service leaves a lot to be desired (long)

Went for initial 7500 mi service and asked about a fix for the wet braking problem, gave them a copy of the Audi press release, they said they'd look at it. Serviced the car and said the brakes were fine. OF COURSE, it was 80 degrees and very dry. Called Audi advocate and all they did was call the dealer to verify the brakes worked. They don't have a clue about this problem and aren't about to do anything about it as far as I can tell. Anybody have any suggestions? Also gave them the part # that was supposed to fix the problem, again not a clue. Asked them to reprogram my remote. They said, and Audi verified, that they aren't allowed. What gives? This is a wonderful car, I love it, but if I have to fight with these folks for the next few years to get things done, believe me, another Audi won't be in my future. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.<p>Bill
Old 05-18-1999, 03:14 PM
stuart

Default Re: customer service leaves a lot to be desired (long)

it has also been my experience that Audi has very poor control over it's dealerships, and i haven't found any that have very good service departments. infiniti (my previous car) was MUCH, MUCH better in that respect...<br>
Old 05-18-1999, 05:40 PM
Tom Halter

Default Good dealers are out there

Sunnyside Audi in Cleveland, OH, for one, has been praised many times by myself and others on this board. Vote with your pocketbook. We really need that oft discussed dealer rating page here!<p>Tom Halter<br>98.5 2.8QMX Pearl/Onyx
Old 05-18-1999, 07:20 PM
David Hess

Default Re: customer service leaves a lot to be desired (long)

Is there another dealer in your area? If so try them. If not, wait until it is pooring down rain and take your car into them. Some dealers care more about what their customers think of them then others. $30,000+ is too much money to spend on a car to arque about something that should of been corrected at the factory. A good dealer makes it better though.<br>David Hess<br>98.5 2.8QSTip
Old 05-18-1999, 07:24 PM
Scott G

Default Re: Sunflower Motors in Topeka, KS treats me like a king, they let me drive anything I want while my car is in for service, they always seem very concerned with my ownership experience.NT

NT