A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Diablo Audi got surly with me when I requested the all-doors unlock programming.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-1998, 08:09 AM
KDC

Default Diablo Audi got surly with me when I requested the all-doors unlock programming.

I ask that the code be entered with VAG tool to have<br>all doors unlock upon a single press of the unlock button<br>on the fob and the service advisor got very sury with me.<br>Says the factory claims it leaves the car "unsecured" <br>and they would'nt do it. <p>Did anyone get charged for having the done? If so, how<br>much?<p>KDC<br>98.5 2.8 Wett QTipS
Old 11-24-1998, 08:15 AM
Steve S.

Default Kevin...

Carlsen, if you talk with Steve Shupe, he will (most likely) do it for nada. It only takes about 2-3 minutes to do. My car is a 97 so it can't be done, or I would have it done already. I know it is far to drive, but it might be worth it. Do not tell the service advisor, and request Steve to work on your car. Email me for more details on one approach you could take.<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM<p>P.S. I bought at Diablo but have never taken my car there for service.<br>
Old 11-24-1998, 08:51 AM
Mike

Default My solution: Call AoA...

They put me on hold and called my dealership while I waited. The next week, I took the car back in and got it programmed the way I wanted. Originally, the dealer said that my '99 A4 1.8 did not even have the receiver in the car. AoA set them straight. AoA's number: 1-800-822-2834
Old 11-24-1998, 09:24 AM
DaveL

Default What do you mean it can't be done on a '97?

Steve,<br>I was hoping to have this done on my '97 and the FAQ list codes for cars with the Delta and the Concert radio. '97 had the Delta radio. I also think I've read that people have had their '97s reprogrammed. Are you sure?<p>
Old 11-24-1998, 09:37 AM
Jim Murphy

Default Re: What do you mean it can't be done on a '97?

I have a 97 2.8Qm (June 1996 build) and wanted my codes changed as well. My dealer said they would do it but then told me later they weren't able to do it because the 97 A4s couldn't be reprogrammed (I assumed they just forgot or couldn't figure it out and were just feeding me a line). I then asked JohnS (the one who figured all these codes out) if they had done any 97s in their sleuthing and he hadn't. I then left a post asking if any 97 people have gotten theirs done (with only one response <p>Funny thing is, that all the 97 people who I found (archive search) that have gotten it done all seem to drive 1.8Ts. So it begs to differ if it is possible that the 1.8Ts have a difference in them over early 1997 2.8Qm models (the 1.8T was nowhere to be seen in October of 1996 when I purchased my car). They both have the Delta radios so one would expect all Delta radio-equipped cars to be reprogrammable.<p>The short of it is, I still do not have a definitive answer as to whether I can reprogram the control module or not. I am going home for Thanksgiving and should be able to get access to a VAG tool myself. If so, I will see if it can be done and report any findings.
Old 11-24-1998, 10:01 AM
DaveL

Default Thanks for the info...

I have a '97 1.8T (May build). I'll still ask the dealer about it at my next service.<p>
Old 11-24-1998, 10:14 AM
Jason M.

Default I have a '97 2.8QM and had it done (more)

I have a '97 2.8QM and I had the reprogramming done.<p>All doors unlock with a single push, doors lock at ~15 mph, windows roll up and down with remote, etc..<p>I had AMS do the reprogramming, maybe they're different codes for the 97 or something, but it definetely can be done.<p>Jason
Old 11-24-1998, 10:16 AM
Jason M.

Default BTW, I think I have a May 97 build date (one of the last 12V's)

<br>..
Old 11-24-1998, 10:41 AM
Jim Murphy

Default Thanks!

I'm just hoping that my car and your car are identical even though you have a much later build date than mine (almost a whole year). I think my dealer just couldn't figure it out and fed me a line. Hopefully that is the case - thanks for the positive feedback now I'm psyched again
Old 11-24-1998, 11:32 AM
Jason M.

Default Re: Thanks!

From what I've heard, as long as you have the big fat FOB, you should be able to do it. I know you can't do it on '96's with the skinny FOB.<p>Jason<br>

Quick Reply: Diablo Audi got surly with me when I requested the all-doors unlock programming.