A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

DRAMA: Warranty Gold

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRAMA: Warranty Gold

After speaking on the phone with a representative, and coming to the conclusion that a control arm must completely break in order to be covered, and an entire lecture of how the dealerships try to file claims with independent warranters for items that are not really broken, the rep summed up the entire conversation with his last phrase, "Maybe next time you'll buy a reliable car." I then told him to kiss my *** and to enjoy his 79 Ford pickup truck.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:49 PM

completely break?
Old 05-01-2003, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell him, if everyone bought a "reliable car", he'd be out of a job.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Lame. ---- I've got some Extended Warranty ranting for you...

If it makes you feel any better, I had it happen where I thought something was going to be covered by the warranty and I was on vacation, so I got a $100 flatbed tow truck and a week's worth of a rental car only to find out that it wasn't a covered part like I thought and since there was no claim, I got stuck with the tow bill and the full car rental bill too.

It hurt.

Oh, and since I had originally thought that I had extra money since the warranty was covering stuff, I blew a wad on a new Neuspeed G2 Cat back Exhaust, and I didn't find out about the warranty bad news until AFTER the exhaust was totally on the car.

I feel your pain. Extended warranty companies are the devil.

Oh, and did I mention that they've tried to FORCE me to take my A4 to the place where I bought it for all repairs---A NISSAN/SUBARU dealer?!?!?

Okay, I'm done.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:24 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default If you got their name, call back, and ask to speak with the supervisor.

Calmly explain to them that the bushings are what go bad, not the arms themselves. The problem is that the bushings are not sold separately, and even if they were, they are not serviceable items...the whole control arm must be replaced. Based on what the rep is saying, tell them you believe that a mistake was made, and you would like them to look into it further.

Furthermore, mention the comment the rep made to you while you were on the phone. Ask the supervisor if that's normal protocol when handling customers (the answer should be no, of course not), and politely ask them for an apology...of the written variety (which should acknowledge the representative's rude behavior). Ask him/her if it's unreasonable to expect that letter in you mailbox by the end of next week.

Finally, ask the supervisor when they will be calling you back regarding your claim.

If you didn't get a name, you've got virtually no credibility, but you've got nothing to lose...make the call.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Man, you are THE MAN!!! You always have insightful, thoguhtful answers to many of the (more)

situations that arise here. I have noticed a lot of your posts that show respectful but assertive ways of dealing with situations. I think that the advice that you give here on this forum is almost always dead on.

I have read a handful of your comments on various situations and you have continued to earn my respect again and again...

Just thought you might like to hear...
Old 05-01-2003, 08:46 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Before you go off the deep end...

Click the link for one of my prouder moments...
(thanks for the compliment though! :-))<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1616457.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1616457.phtml</a</li></ul>

Trending Topics

Old 05-02-2003, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default phew! I was worried for second that I might be a

**** tease... as you so eloquently put it.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

*ROTFL* Yeah, I'd say that we all have our moments... oh well...
Old 05-04-2003, 12:02 AM

Default I still agree with igozoom....

RKA, your posts are typically the first ones I read if there is a long line of similar-looking responses. Your advice is well-balanced, intelligent and spot-on. I know you get frustrated with the n00bs not using the search function, but you don't ever post a "get a l1f3! s3arch for 1t n00b!" response, and there is something to be said for that restraint.

In any case, thanks. You probably don't hear that often, but the time you take to post is appreciated... 'specially by us folk that actually use the search engine. :-)