A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

To everyone jumping ship and posting negative comments..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, the funny thing is, I said all this on page 1, and I doubt anybody read it b/c this format doesn't make it easy to do so.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Pscheoverdrive
But, the thing that pisses many of us off, is that they *LIED* to us. They said that they would try to keep the format as close to KAWF as possible. They didn't even try.
Exactly. I know Kris (and the other mods) put a lot of effort into this, and answering our questions over the past few months,. He seemed to be the only one answering those questions. But unfortunately I now feel like I was lied to by Kris. It would have been better if nothing was said instead of being told to "give it a chance", "we're doing a lot of work to make it look the same". Sorry the banner and menu at the top isn't the reason why I came here. The format allowed many of us to regularly keep tabs on all the threads and contribute at our leisure. Without that you can't possibly expect to get the same number of views on a thread and the same number of responses.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Exactly!

Originally Posted by Pscheoverdrive
See, the funny thing is, I said all this on page 1, and I doubt anybody read it b/c this format doesn't make it easy to do so.
You are correct, sir!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Joel... admit you feel at home on the "other" forum. Its almost seemlessly transitioning the old AW. I already feel like nothing already happened by staying there...

I still love the goat brothers, and have absolutely nothing against any forum members or moderators, I have always gotten along with people, but I am going to stop posting here regularly, and stick to the other side of the interweb.

I just can't stand 30 pages of "nice car" and good info being drowned out.

You know where the holyness will be at (damn smilies)
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to say, but all the hard work in the world isn't worth much if the direction is wrong.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by RallyVermont
Moderators on the forum, especially Kris, have spent countless hours each day working with IB to ensure some of the soul is/was left in AW. None of the moderators get paid for the long hours of work, they simply do this to make sure you have a place to converge, discuss, talk about goats and maybe share some thoughts about your B5.
I don't blame the mods. I appreciate their effort. I assume they weren't the ones writing code and picking color schemes. Those guys can DIAF. This is an abomination.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't blame the users, IB did this to themselves, it was THEIR choice at THEIR RISK.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor

Rally, didn't know you were a believer, that's rad man!

I want to point out that after perusing around for a while, it seems as though some getting used to has already occurred, myself included. Another thing to point out is that most who come over to AW from other forums find it very hard to use, I did.

There are benefits in not having to click every single reply to read the responses, but conversely there are also some features which may be viewed as drawbacks, I understand. As I've said before though, the community and content makes the boards and I believe if folks stick around for a while, they will see that change can be good or at least tolerable.

Congrats to the mods and staff for finally completing the transition. You have my support at this juncture!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by brian@avalonmotorsports
Another thing to point out is that most who come over to AW from other forums find it very hard to use, I did.
No pickin. Genuinely curious... like what? Threading in general?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM

Default I'm Back!

Because of the new format. congrats on the switch

Quick Reply: To everyone jumping ship and posting negative comments..