A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

got my A4, 2 days later, got 1st ticket, can't believe how ignorant cops are!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-1999, 04:14 PM
fckin pssd

Default got my A4, 2 days later, got 1st ticket, can't believe how ignorant cops are!

What's it take to become a cop? You have to run a mile? exactly. Cops are cops are because they're too stupid to do anything else. I've met one nice cop my whole life, I've never met an intelligent cop. They really are dumb people. 75 on a highway(55 mph), and the @sshole gives me a ticket. I travel the same highway every day to and from work and traffic travels between 75 to 80 mph. He asked me if it was my car, I said yes, he just walked away. Gee, I wonder if I'm going to get a ticket - jealous *****. Just once, I'd like one of these d!ckheads to come out from behind their badge.
Old 05-15-1999, 04:42 PM
Steve S

Default I sure hope ChrisW doesn't read this...since he IS a cop...and a nice one...AND an A4 owner

I can empathize with you...I had a recent altercation with an individual in law enforcement that seemed more intent on quotas than listening to reason...but, pls don't generalize. ChrisW and a few other A4 owners that visit this board are in law enforcement. There are winners in all walks of life(sarcastic button on)...no matter what profession...and there are alot of great people too. Take a few deep breaths....grab a beer...and a chair...go out to the front porch....put your feet up....open the beer...take a nice long sip.....and gaze at that nice car in the driveway.<p>:-)<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM
Old 05-15-1999, 04:59 PM
Joe Law

Default Next time I'll unload my Barretta into you for going 20 m.p.h. above speed limit....

Let me see. You're complaining about getting a ticket for going 20 over? What the hell do you expect? Anything over the legal speed limit and you are fair game for the man. But I'm not saying you shouldn't drive fast. Just don't be such a ***** when you get caught and bitch and moan all over this board. Second thought I'll use my S&W .357 on you to make sure the job gets done. A lot of this is tongue in cheek except about the part for going 20 over limit.
Old 05-15-1999, 05:02 PM
grrrr. (nt)

Default Amen. Highway Patrol SUCKS. I know it's cliche but how about stopping *real* crime. What a joke...these money grubbing two exit towns make me sick.

<br>
Old 05-15-1999, 05:04 PM
I wanna drive. nt

Honestly...do you really believe 75 miles an hour in flowing traffic is fast? Why is speed so criminalized here in America?
Old 05-15-1999, 05:21 PM
Joe Law

Default I knew people would misunderstand my post.......

No 75 is not that fast especially in the D.C area where that's about average on our beltway ( a circular ring of death). My point is you are letting yourself open for fines anytime you go over the posted speed limit. If you don't mind paying then cool and drive as fast as you want. If and when you get caught take it like a man and don't come crying. Just think about all those times you sped and didn't get caught. That's the way I rationalize it anyway.
Old 05-15-1999, 05:22 PM
Tom

Default It's not the cop's fault you got a ticket...

The point is that you were going 20 mph over the speed limit, like it or not.<p>Tom
Old 05-15-1999, 05:36 PM
/\/\ E

May be he gave you a ticket because you were going 75 in a 55 zone, and he was doing his job... Just a thought...
Old 05-15-1999, 05:50 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: got my A4, 2 days later, got 1st ticket, can't believe how ignorant cops are!

Hey, I'm an ex-cop and I got a ticket for doing 60 in a 55 by CHP (before the speed limit was increased to 65). You didn't say that you weren't speeding, so what's the beef? The cops are, more often than not, just regular guys performing a complex, dangerous, underpaid and often unappreciated job. It's not fair to call the cop a pr*ck, when he was performing his duty. Either keep the speed down or take it like a man when you get caught.
Old 05-15-1999, 05:54 PM
pips

Default my A4 saved me couple of tickets

I think i am being lucky with my A4 speeding. only once i was stopped by cop speeding on a 25mph zone said nice car and REQUESTED (wow) me to drive slow and went off.<br>every day i pass police station on the way to work. many times cop saw me above 60 on a 40mph and never cared to stop me. may be he was impressed (pleased) I break when ever I see em. this atleast says I am not sleeping when i drive fast..<p>Pips (strictly no drinks, no cell while driving)

Quick Reply: got my A4, 2 days later, got 1st ticket, can't believe how ignorant cops are!