A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Happy Birthday and good 2 year service

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-1999, 06:52 AM
Dave M

Default Happy Birthday and good 2 year service

My car is now two years old, and I can't remember the exact date! I think it was marked the 24th in my owners manual, but I thought I picked it up on the 28th. Oh well, I guess I owe her a good detailing either way. It's funny, after two years when I park my car and walk away I still find myself looking back to admire it!<p>I had my 2 year service and state inspection this past Saturday, and all went well (I have a whopping 13K miles on it!). The folks at Park Place gave me a Camry as a loaner for the 3 hours or so it took them to complete the services. Neither the service advisor or the technicians balked at me taking them Mobil 1 10W-30 here in Dallas, so I have no more concerns over switching to the lighter oil. I got to look at one of the old plugs, and they looked fairly clean to me. They were Audi/NGK 3 electrode plugs if I remember correctly. The car now feels much peppier, but I'm not sure if it is from the lighter (or new) oil, the new plugs or the new air filter (probably a combination of all the above). The engine does seem a lot smoother near redline than it had in the past. They did get some oil/grease marks on some of the plastic covers in the engine bay, and there were also some on the paint around the hood area along with a couple light scratches. The scratches came out easily with Meguiar's #7 and the oil/grease cleaned up easily. They are usually much neater than this from what I remember in the past, but I guess it was not a big deal. Per my request, they did not wash the car. In all, a job well done.<p>Dave M - '97 1.8tm (2 years old and probably just broken in!)