A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

How about long term affects of chips? I hear Wett's deadly..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-1999, 06:31 PM
Mike

Default How about long term affects of chips? I hear Wett's deadly..

Has anyone been chipped for over 50,000 miles? Specifically, with a TAP chip or Wett. I keep hearing how Wett's 14 lbs of boost is going to kill the turbo in the long run. Is does seem like a lot of pressure if you're not going to replace the stock exhaust. Anybody have some experience with this issue?
Old 02-26-1999, 07:21 PM
ErikR

How about the reading of the archives?! I hear supposition will cause the 1bar turbo to disintegrate at 1bar.
Old 02-26-1999, 08:18 PM
Mike

So I'm guessing you haven't had your Wett for over 50K miles..
Old 02-27-1999, 05:10 AM
Andy Hedin

Default Sounds like some other tuning company is trying to bash Wett...Hmm, perhaps they're feeling inferior?

nothing
Old 02-27-1999, 06:58 AM
Roger

Default Hear from who? Consider the source!

cxv
Old 02-27-1999, 08:20 AM
ErikR

I'd take this offline but you don't have the guts to post your email or your source. So, must assume you are just a lamer.
Old 02-27-1999, 10:29 AM
Mike

Default put your ego aside for a second, I have several sources..(long)

First of all, what the hell is a "lamer"? Anyway, I've spoken with several different people about this issue and I was hoping some of you might have a few miles on your chip. The people I've spoken with with TAP chips haven't had any problems, but I have yet to talk to anyone with a WETT chip with a good amount of miles on it. So yes, the WETT being a "deadly" long term chip is just opinion at this point. That's why I need to hear from someone who has a good amount of miles on a WETT chip. The (individual) people that I have spoken with all say they believe 14 lbs of boost is too much if you're not going to replace the exhaust. So stop your crying, I just wants to know the facts before I buy.
Old 02-27-1999, 12:00 PM
ErikR

Default A lamer is someone who refuses to look at the archives to see if there have been any problems (occasional pings, fixed, same as neuspeed [your source?]), and if the KKK03 turbo was DESIGNED for 1 bar (it was!).

nt you dumb ****
Old 02-27-1999, 12:35 PM
Mike

The archives don't have much on long term effects. You need to calm down
Old 02-27-1999, 07:21 PM
Watk

I searched the archives and found SEVERAL people who have Wett chips with >50K !!! Take some time and educate yourself, Mike

Quick Reply: How about long term affects of chips? I hear Wett's deadly..