A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

How bad is Eurotuner mag. getting.....?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad is Eurotuner mag. getting.....?

Their "ride of the month" is a bronze (yuck) Golf w/ quote "an Audi S4 emblem". What type of tool does this? And what are they thinking even listing it in the mods? I really wan't to know. This jerkoff gets a pair of free subs to top it all off. I just don't get it. I can't wait till my subscription ends
Old 11-02-2002, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting? I think I can tell you the precise moment it went down the tubes...

Issue one Volume One ;-)
Old 11-02-2002, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

long time no see...what's up?
Old 11-03-2002, 12:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not much, haven't been spending much time on here lately

I kick around in the OT forums a bit. Honestly Sameer after what 5+ years here I think I'm starting to burn out make a zillion posts a day (well something like 8700+) sorta thing. So my posts are slowly becomming more sparse...it's gettin kinda old, sometimes it seems like I've seen XYZ question for the 10e256th time and it's just not very entertaining for me to answer that stuff anymore. I look back at how much energy was put into all those tuner wars...my god what a FVCKING criminal waste of time, I just shake my head in disgust when I think about it now *sigh*.

Anyhow the focus now is to finish what I start :-) Which means getting tripcomp out of the way and into a position where it actually makes some money instead of being a big red accounting blob on the books ;-)

Getting back into shooting as well, just bought a new rifle, they're just as bad as cars. There's lots of mods and tweako stuff you can do to them. Re-bedding, trigger work, lapping, headspace reduction etc...the list and $$$ go on and on ;-) Ohh not to mention the time you can spend reloading playing with the various software ballistic calculators etc. It's also a good way to spend some more time with my old man...since he's gotten back into it as well, anyhow that's the plan.

Ohh and I've picked up the guitar...but that probably won't see much attention till TC is done.

Regards,

James R.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:33 AM

Default Your expertise and knowledge base of the A4 is still in much demand here !!

You helped me out plenty of times and I thank you for it !!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ya i know the feeling, i actually read the 1.8T forum on VWVortex more lately...

this is kinda a chat room, with some content.

Every now and then a nice nugget shows up though. Nature of the beast...we've explored every nook and cranny, seen every product (almost) etc...

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 11-03-2002, 10:03 AM

I totally agree with you as well... and I haven't been here nearly as long!
Old 11-03-2002, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well I appreciate the thanks :-)

I also get a lot of questions via email...though I tend to be slow to answer them. I don't mean to totally leave AW, just saying that it's getting a little old...or maybe my priorities are different at the moment so I'm just here less. I remember there was a time I used to watch these forums like a hawk...it was a huge time sink, AIM is like that too...you can literally blow an entire day when you've got like 50+ people on your buddy list it seems like someone always wants to talk ;-)

Regards,

James R.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Heheh yeah...I dunno I could never really get into the feel of those forums due to the

format they've choosen. It's just too hard to tell who is talking to who, there's no hierarchal structure to those forums. IMHO AW is the paradigm by which all forums should be judged...I'm surprised they haven't tried to sell the software off and make some $$$ from it...maybe they have who knows. The AW look may not be as flashy as say PHP BB like we use at TripComp, but when you've got high volumes of posters this format they use here works nicely.

Well I'm sure I'll see ya round Sameer, "old timers" like us aren't likely to disappear overnight.

Regards,

James R.