A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I give up (Bookish long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-1998, 09:49 PM
Damon

Default "If Audi fans continue to act like groupies instead of car buyers..."

Are you angry Mr. OOOnaBimEr? Your .02 cents is always nagative and always targeted. What <b>is</b> your problem? Chill out and try to be constructive.<p>A UnAbImMer Fan! <p> <p><b><i><center>NOT</center></b></i>
Old 10-29-1998, 10:04 PM
ChuckH

Default I wouldn't normally agree with the Unabimmer, but...

...he's got a very good point. This kind of crap from the dealer and Audi should not be tolerated. Audi builds just as good a car as BMW, but there are a lot of weak links in the dealer network working against them. Lexus and Mercedes buyers would fit into the same type of category as BMW, in that they would never put up with this. Calling us "Groupies" was a little harsh though. Of course, the Mercedes salesman (when I was comparing A4 to C-280 Sport) called Audi buyers cult followers, so I guess Groupies isn't all that bad, and actually sounds better. BTW, the C-280 was a lousy drive, and the salesman was an ***! So, I guess they have a-holes too!<p>Charles<br>
Old 10-29-1998, 10:07 PM
ChuckH

Default Almost forgot!

I looked at BMW's also, and the salesman there was a stuck up snot too! Guess the highend car salesmen aren't any better than those you find at the Ford dealership! However, the stuck up Bimmer salesman probably would have gotten the order right!<p>Charles<br>
Old 10-30-1998, 03:45 AM
T2

Default Re: I give up (Bookish long)

Sounds like your dealer was the worst. If you do decide to get a BMW, make sure to write Audi a letter telling them the only reason you didn't buy an Audi was due to that dealers ineptness.<p>Good luck.<p>Tom
Old 10-30-1998, 04:38 AM
John Terr

Default Re: "If Audi fans continue to act like groupies instead of car buyers..."

I would never have pictured Audi drivers as "groupies" given the level of self criticism that has been displayed on this forum. Ive often browsed through the BMW forum and find it totally benign, either its because they think the car is so dam good or its because they are afraid to speak out if there is something wrong with thier car.<br>Before i purchased my A4, i visited several BMW dealers only to find they had thier heads stuck so far up thier bum that they couldnt see a serious buyer if it hit them fair and square in the face.<br>I bought my A4 purely because i felt it was the better car in my price range. I work with this bloke who just ordered his 323 even without taking it for a test drive. How is this guy going to know if he made the right decision? - A. he doesnt care - its the status symbol he is only interested in. (now thats a groupie!!)<p>JohnTerr 1.8TS ming blue
Old 10-30-1998, 05:56 AM
Hal

Default He's back...

Need to swap dealers. My BMW dealer was like this... hence I'm in an Audi now.<br>How about some positive feedback once-in-a-while there Mr. AnonyaBiMmEr.<p>98.5 A4QMS2.8 Avant "KICK ***" "grocery getter" - as you call it.
Old 10-30-1998, 06:17 AM
ErikR

Better luck phone shoping for sure, put the screws to them for a deep discount or go elsewhere.
Old 10-30-1998, 06:38 AM
nealr

Default Good Post! Especially the bum comment. :)

Old 10-30-1998, 07:04 AM
Tim C.

Default Re: I wouldn't normally agree with the Unabimmer, but...

Having owned both - I can say that the treatment by my Audi dealer has been terrible. I also agree that it is a great car supported by a mediocre network of dealers. Audi is still paying the price of being car no one wanted.<p>There is nothing wrong with saying that Audi makes great cars, but needs some customer service lessons.<p>Tim C<br>1.8TqMS
Old 10-30-1998, 08:07 AM
wc

Default Re: I give up (Bookish long)

i live in hbg. and tried to buy from autohaus and they wee unwilling to deal, ended up going through sam's club. they find closest dealer who has agreement with them to sell cars, beat hbg., by $2,500. service at autohous is good, loaner cars when warranty work is done friendly poeple, just don't buy car from them. check reading,lancaster, and phily area or if belong to sam's club great way to buy a car. feduke motors in binghamton ny. on pa ny. border, 2.5 hrs.<p>wc 98.5 qms, wett.

Quick Reply: I give up (Bookish long)